NPD Monday 15/6.

rayke1938

i find those about the best traps on the market for this sort of thing you will get both redclaw and shrimp in fact more shrimp than in shrimp pots .try using either bass frames or tinned cat food i like the little doggy tins as they are very soft and easy to pierce with a piece of wire or knife :)

If I just drop the redclaw back in the drink will they be alright? I wanted a shrimp trap originally but after hearing so much of what Faulked said about people cleaning up Shrimp in the redclaw pots I picked up 4 for $25.. Seems if they are $4 at Kmart I got taken to the cleaners :huh::P

Let me know if I should start a new thread for this but where should I be putting them for shrimp and how long do they need to be out? Most of the pots I see are around the edges, is that the go?

In NPD at the moment most of the shrimp and redclaw seem to be in the deeper water. I think it is due to the rotting vegitation. Normally the shrimp are in close to the edges.We are getting good numbers of shrimp with the pots only being down around 4 hours in the daytime.

Cheers

Ray

Archived