Kookaburra Pk Sat 10th

Yellow Peril

Gerty_92 wrote:

hey me and dom are probs going to be there aswell after seeing the success lately...and jeff mind deploying our baits for us;)

thought you fellas knew how to cast. what sized baits are you planing to use.'cause if it big and dead and anywhere the bottom it's crab bait

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2007/02/07 18:12

Guest IcEkNiGhT

lite shark fishing? are you saying i fish heavey angus? :P mite give it a bash this weekend,see what happens, are there lots up there? or is it pickings?

solid looking pup from shultzy too.

Post edited by: IcEkNiGhT, at: 2007/02/08 10:05

IcEkNiGhT wrote:

many rays at this place? i might have to give it a bash sometime this weekend,hearing alot about the place....

havent got a ray out there yet but there are plenty of large pike-eels, did the ol' mid trace release with the sidecutters rather than drag them into the boat

see you there everybody i''be launching about 4;30-5;00 and staying the night.

on the subject of tides, it looksto me that the sharks were biting more on the fast running tide and the salmon were more at still water, so the big question is where do they school up when the tide is flowing:huh:

jeff f wrote:

IcEkNiGhT wrote:
many rays at this place? i might have to give it a bash sometime this weekend,hearing alot about the place....

havent got a ray out there yet but there are plenty of large pike-eels, did the ol' mid trace release with the sidecutters rather than drag them into the boat

go to amart all sports buy a donger put some varnish on it get your nick named burnt onto it bash eels when they have been boated retrieve your tackle

your only stunning them they are big fellas

Oztrav wrote:

jeff f wrote:
IcEkNiGhT wrote:

go to amart all sports buy a donger put some varnish on it get your nick named burnt onto it bash eels when they have been boated retrieve your tackle

Either that or chuck them in your freezer and give them to terry for bait :P

Cowfish13 wrote:

What is the address for kookaburra Park, and if your on Mt Crosby Rd, are there many signs pointing out the way to the park.

and is it worth having a light rod (as well as a heavier rod for sharks) for catfish, bream etc?

there is only one sign for the ramp and its on the last right turn befor you get there. follow the signs for the golf club instead, there is a sign saying boatramp at the last intersection just above the golf course about a couple of hundred meters before the road ends, then another one at the entrence to the park

i only take light gear cowfish 1x6kg ,1x3kg. meter long bullies are big fun on 3kg:woohoo: though i've been blown away on the 6 so i may add a heavier setup ande step up a size in livebait this weekend to see what happens

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2007/02/10 05:59

Angus wrote:

Oztrav wrote:
jeff f wrote:
IcEkNiGhT wrote:

Either that or chuck them in your freezer and give them to terry for bait :P

allready got a good donger thanks guys and i can put a meter long bully out with one hit, i'm just not interested in chasing 4 to 6 feet of pissed off teeth and muscle 'round the boat while it tries to bite everything and smears slime and shit every where, never handled a pike eel ,alive or dead, and i'm not about to start! F*#@%)* YUK

Archived