Brisbane River 19-06-06

Angus

Well we decided to give Kangaroo Point a go. (Under the cliffs).

Fishermen is attedance were, Myself, Jordan, Terry, Daniel and Big dave made an appearance.

Bait was the problem as there was an overhang is the suitable casting areas. This eventually led Jordan to getting his net well and truly snagged. Then the rope fell into the water and it looked as if the net was gone for good. Luciky about and hour later he managed to snag the rope with a handline and retrieve it.

With the net back we tried a new spot and low and behold mullet galore. So out teh handlines went. These only generated one hit that quickly took the line straight to a snag.

The highlight of the night was prob Terry getting his first fish on SP's.

Ok how do you like this Troy and Mat. Nont only first fish on SP at night, but a Whiting!!

At Kangaroo Point Cliffs! This is a great sign for the river.

I will trying soemwhere thursday night but i have no idea where yet.

Angus.

Wow, bloody hell those stairs kill you. I rekon that places would go allright in summertime, So you guys didnt even get a cattie on those livies? I also for got to tell you those Shark traces i made and suitable for casting. Im keen to try there in the day time with my fly rod, burley up with a shit load of bread and get those gar on the chew and flick a few dough flys in there, see how it goes.Also did the cast nets get snagged any more? Also Jordo did you *** *** back out? and did you manage too *** that bird off.

DAVE

Post edited by: BIG DAVE 1, at: 2006/06/20 10:04

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/06/20 14:11

Archived