Tree Tops Bassin

Dinodadog

Been having a bit of fun tree top fishing out at NPD over the last few weeks. As you all know the rains filled the dam up very quickly and this left a forrest of trees under the water. What I have been doing is to troll rattlers right over the tops of these trees, the rattlers going down 6 to 10ft, the trees coming up to 15ft and in 20 to 25ft of water,so the lures are skimming over the top of the trees. Why you say well have a look at pic one it shows a point or spurline from the boat, pic two shows what is under the boat, trees on bottom, fish above them

Spurline from boat [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/npd6_7_010-50d57b3a24c5f751a5349c9064f47dc8.JPG

This style of fishing is not new but its been awhile since I have used it and with the rattlers going OK out at the dam a good time to give it a go. This method is OK for going over deep weed beds etc. LGM had a good look at this style the other day and his first whopper came from it. Only drawback is if you get a hookup when using rattlers and you are on your own using 2 rods you have to fight the fish and get the other lure in at the same time or loose it in the tree tops, it gets a bit hairy at times. But as they say you have to be in the strike zone and take some risks. Hope this helps those of you that are a bit game to try something different. Rewards are usualy worth it if the fish are hungry on the day.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

Yella 1st fish up [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/npd6_7_005.JPG

I originally had one when they first come out and I took it back and got a second 97, then one of them went blank so I got a125 for the right price. I find it OK for what I do. It goes on arches and 80% sensetivity and I leave it alone, I am not one to play with it all the time, well you know what I mean. ha ha

Archived