Message from Admin

AFO

Hi everyone,

Just a few quick points to clear up some things that have been happening on the site recently.

The Brisbane Fishing Online site is a website created for anglers in the South-East Qld region can share, interact and participate in the active fishing community that exists in our region. It is a fishing site concerning fishing, and we would like to keep this site enjoyable and educational.

In saying this, we ask that as fellow members of the site if you feel someone has breached any of the site terms and conditions, please report that member to one of the moderators or administrators so that the matter can be dealt with accordingly. There is a process that is in place and we would like to handle the matter professionally, rather than turn it into a sledging match.

The administrators log all IP Addresses (your physical computer address on the internet) of AFO members and these can be traced through ISPs when necessary. We would like to think that things would not get to that point, but we do take these matters seriously.

In light of recent events, i urge everyone to read the AFO's Terms and Conditions they have agreed to on signing on to the site, and if you for some reason disagree with any of them you may ask to be removed from the site.

Also, Brisbane Fishing Online is a registered business in Queensland and although our administrators work other jobs, this is one of our great passions. As most of you are aware, hosting websites, buying domain names, purchasing code all cost money, not to mention organising the BRC, its prizes and associated insurance and permits.

We do this for the love of it and if you saw our current bank statements you would agree. However we do have plans to grow and be able to make the event larger, the site better and offer more prizes to our members. I hope that clears up a few things with our members and we can get back onto enjoying the site.

Cheers :)

Edit: Please note some threads have recently been deleted as these did not contribute to the site and instead become somewhat rude and offensive.

Also, we now have measures in place to ban members and IPs from the site and will implement these when necessary.

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/02/15 20:19

Thanks it is good to see the rules implemented fairly.

I am sorry that I was sucked in and made a few over the top remarks that were not in keeping with the demeanor of the site.

I am very proud to belong to this fishing community and feel very protective to it.

I am very happy that the rules have been inplemented and the dross has been removed.

I think that the incident although unpleasant at the time will only serve to draw our members closer together and only strengthen our community.

Let us all forget it and GO FISHING.

Ray.

Archived