Bundy Trip

bretto

Not much to say really. Had some good days and some bad.

Lost about 100 dollars in plastics to pike and a few hardbodies to macs.

Got 11 Mini Giant herring in two days and lost a few tarpon on the jump. Tried for GTs off the rocks but with all the new green zones in place it makes the place almost impossible to find decent ground to fish on the land or yak.

Highlight was a XOS Striped Seaperch at 43cm in 3m of water on 8lb bream gear and my first yak mack.

Quoted max size for Striped Seaperch in Marine fishes on Tropical Australia is 40cm so I was pretty stoked and it tasted awesome.

Got 15 tailor in about 45 mins on daimki blades as well.

Species caught:

Flathead, Whiting, Bream, Honeycomb Cod, QLD School Mackeral, Flounder, Snapper, Striped Seaperch, Tarpon, Giant Herring, BigEye Trevally, Mangrove Jack & Tailor.

Mack bun01.JPG

Cheers guys. Was a good trip but prob wont be back there in winter unless I have a boat as the inhsore areas are hard to fish but with my next trip already planned for a little further north hopefully I can put together a better read.

bretto wrote:

Not much to say really. Had some good days and some bad.

Gee I'd like a few of your bad days!

Its always good to get fish in a new spot! These days with fishing pressure it quite often takes a long time to find where the fish are hiding and start to get a few!

good trip mate and some good fish. i was up there a few weeks ago chasing reds. just brought back a lot of bait. i've caught spanish flags off moreton. my missus called em vermin..then i got her to taste one lol changed her mind. good to see one that big it's a beauty

:)

jeff f wrote:

i read somewhere that those stripeys are super slow growing only a cm per year

that was one big old fish

Damn! Now i feel bad for eating it. At least it made it that far and would have contributed to stocks many times before it found my plate. Still feel bad though :dry:

Archived