Clontarf Canoe Flattie Session (02.08.2009)

stewie

Hey guys,

After a good session the day before wading, dad and I decided to take the canoe out to do some exploring for new flathead grounds. Long one short scooted round the Hornibrook bridges a bit and discovered some good areas (lots of "lies" and flathead shooting off as we cruised or drifted over). Only ended up with 2 keepers for the plate (both around 42cm), but we had good fun on a heap just below the 40cm mark. Water was crystal clear and dad had a larger one take his plastic within view, which was a highlight for him. He ended up losing it, which quickly took his grin away.

Back at Clontarf beach, we had an unusual ending for the day. A couple were on the beach going for it ... hands and mouths everywhere (just after lunch with heaps of people about). They didn't seem drunk and they were trying to be dicrete, but hard to do that in that location. I think they were a bit peeved with us walking back and forth with the gear about 10 feet from them ;-). I did take the camera, but sorry no shots ... sorry guys. I think it was a happy ending ;-). Doesn't happen on many of my fishing trips.

Have a great week,

Stewie.

Archived