Need a spot for snapper can anyone help?

pondo

Hey guys

taking the boat out on saturday. Have been hitting up the pin a fair bit lately and have been getting a few smallish table fish on plastics and HB's. Im ready to venture out a bit though and chase some larger, harder fighting fish. Has anywhere got any marks or advice on where i could go? Take in mind I have a 4.2 brooker with a 40 Yamaha on the back.

Cheers

Matty

maybe not the advice you're after, but have you considered the brissy river and surrounds?

theres some good table sized snapper hanging out under the wharves and along the rockwalls. its a good option if the bay is a parking lot i reckon, the more flogged an area gets the better the prospects elsewhere imo and im not sure you'd want to go offshore very far

like the other guys have said try the brissy river or some of the bay islands....keep in mind that on the weekend the bay is like a car park and the snapper arent keen on busy/noisy water plus theres a lot of smaller (pickers) in the bay at the moment....so good luck where ever you try

p.s i dont like you chances of somebody giving you marks for their prized snapper spot...the are as rare as hens teeth :cheer: no harm in tryin though...hope you catch a few.

Time_Bandit wrote:

p.s i dont like you chances of somebody giving you marks for their prized snapper spot...the are as rare as hens teeth :cheer: no harm in tryin though...hope you catch a few.

Travis did,he just forgot to say... best on a moonless night night :unsure:

Archived