Interesting local laws

Feral

I have been trolling around the local council website. I have not had a look since amalgamation, and have come across a couple of interesting bylaws inherited from the old Redcliffe City Council.

One specifically related to boatramps.

http://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/uploadedFiles/common/locallaws/Redcliffe%20Local%20Law%20No%2045%20-%20Boat%20Ramps.pdf

One specifically related to use of Jetties.

http://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/uploadedFiles/common/locallaws/Redcliffe%20Local%20Law%20No%2023%20-%20Public%20Jetties.pdf

The boatramp one is good, lots of common sense stuff in there. One I chuckled at was that no car and boat/trailer with combined weight of over 3 tonnes are allowed on any boat ramps. (Bearing in mind your average 4wd used to tow boats is over 2 tonnes before you add the twin axled behemouth of a boat!) So that rules out most of the fancy rigs I see parked around the canal estates down there! I shall immediately complain to my local member about them using the ramps!

Ramp rage will also cop a council fine, as will impeding the use of the ramp.

The Jetty one is also interesting, no amplified music or noise, so no radios or stereos allowed on the jetties, no cast nets on the main Redcliffe jetty, no push bikes or animals on any jetties, no roller skates or skate boards (really starting to like these bylaws!)

However there are two worrying things, both have clauses stating should the council wish, they can levy a charge for access / use.

Oh I almost forgot the small print, by using either type of facility you are fully indemnifying the council, and accepting total risk yourself, where would we be without the small print!.

I don't mind it if it was a user pay system for jetties if it was guaranteed to eliminate the moron factor that so clearly inundate some jetties.It wouldn't work though.A good example is the riff raff on the jetty down the coast.Plain dangerous at times from what I've read.It could create a mindset in some that they've paid for their right to behave like w##kers.

Hulk

Archived