3-tailed bream

adventure_angler

hey guys,

well over the uni holidays me and a few mates went to the sandgate (shornecliffe) pier for a bit of night fishing. the night was a bit slow just catching a few small fish. total tally for the night was:

1x shovelnose

1x mangrove jack

1x moses perch

2x catfish

1x 3-tailed bream!!!

yes thats right, a bream with 3 tails. it looked like it had been attacked and had had 2 more tails grow back as it had many gashes and wounds around the tail. all 3 tails were normal size and found side-by-side.

just thought id let everyone know about this interesting catch, definately caught our attention.

-nelson-

Do bream usually have defects? cause in the Logan river, I once caught a bream with a gimpy fin like Nemo, on Finding Nemo. Except this one was more obvious.

And do you seariously count that night as a slow night. I'd give anything to catch a Mangrove Jack. How big was it?

the reason i call it slow was that we were there for a good 6 hours and they were all caught between 4 of us. 1 of my mates also caught about 3 from the list, so i guess hed have another opinion on how the fishing was that night, haha. either way, its always good to just get out and relax, enjoy the scenery, and catch up with mates.

the mangrove jack was just a baby at about 20cm, but my mates joy at catching a jack cud not stand up to catching a 3-tailed fish just earlier :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking at that eel you've got. I was fishing for jacks the other night and got one the same but it was a good 2 metres long and as thick as my thigh. Took me a good two minutes to get it to the bank only to realise it was a stinking eel. Not a bad effort on 4kg line and a light rod and reel. (Thought I had the mama of all jacks) Got a jack earlier in the night of 43 cm. My first ever and the saying 'jack attack' is not bloody wrong they sure know how to put up a fight.

Archived