When good goes bad

webbfunk

Was all planned for an awesome day on the water at the mouth yesterday. The weather was perfect, next to no wind and low tide at 9.30am. It was going to be the perfect day.

But then the day started.

My mate turned up 20 mins late, was aiming for leaving at 5am. He forgets something so we swing by his house.......running a little later than I'd hoped but will be ok.

Stop at the servo at fishermans island and then realised I had left the key for the padlock that ties my engine to my trailer at home on the coffee table ( left there so I wouldn't forget it ;) ). So back to Mt Gravatt to get the key.

Arrive at the ramp, launch boat, all good. Over to Boggy to get some livies. Spent 30 mins for 3 mullet. Decide to go to poopipe for bait.

As taking off the engine died as I gave it more power. I thought wierd but, not worried. Started it again, same thing. Tried again, and now she won't start. It seems like fuel I thought, so spent an hour playing doctor with the hose from the tank to teh outboard. Cleaned out a lot of wierd flaky orange bits from inside the hose. ( is an old hose I must admit ). So now I think I have the hose sweet but the engine will not start no matter what, not even a spark.

So I give up for a while and flicked some of my new lures, which I was impressed with but no fish.

Then faced reality and we tried the oars to see if we could paddle back........no. Luckily we got a tow from someone, thanks mate.

Back at the ramp at 11.30.

Worst day ever.

Archived