Humpnight Fishing 16th

mookystiks

mookystiks wrote:

Is that near the boat ramp at the northern end?\

I will definately see you there, Ryan - you have to teach me how to throw my cast net!

:S

No worries, Blairy and I are cast-netting from 1800, come on down! I have been fishing for the past three nights, so might do some family time and then drop out when they are tucked in, but this is only a maybe at the moment.

blairv wrote:

Heading to Bulimba tonight about 6 to catch the big tide and maybe even some fish!

Come down if you want - norman spot of Quay St

I've googled "norman spot" and "Quay St". Found Quay St no problamo, but the norman spot is giving me grief. Is it anywhere near the boat ramp?? TIA! B)

PS For the trivia buffs there is a Norman Spot in Orangeburg, South Carolina. ;)

Twas a bit of a slow night but good to see so many AFO's along at Bulimba.

Was getting a little like Taylor season on Fraser Island with the amount of lines in the water ;)

A couple of great Jews, a Brim for Mooki and a heap of Stingrays!!

Special thanks to Ryan for showing me the ins and outs of the castnet - nice to know I can get my own bait when I want to now.

Here is the first Jew:

Other_Jew.JPG

Great night boys!

I now have the knack with the cast net, got plenty of bait - just not many bites :(

Ryan was the King of the Cast Net and hauled in at least 10 big mullet in one cast, I was just happy with a few prawns and glassies.

No poddy bullet though, just big basterds!

Couple of rays and a little bream - only kept cause he inhaled 2 gahmatsu circle hooks :ohmy:

8 decent mullet for the frezzer and a couple of bags of prawns - to set me up for friday when I do it all over again.

Thanks again boys - and Ryan for the net-knack.

mooks.

Archived