Yamba Fishing

burger93

Gday all

Mate of mine has just invited me down to yamba for a weeks fishing.Both of us have never fished this area before and i was just chasing some spots/areas to try. We will be mostly landbased but will also try and hire a boat if posible.Any info would be great as i have no idea what fish are caught in this area and where to go.

cheers sean

Lots and lots of spots. Dont need to look to hard.

I was there back when I was a baito and just walking the rockwall near the mouth casting into the sand banks with white bait I got dozens of flatties and tailor. Good times.

I will do a map of the areas I fished.

I reckon walking the banks here flicking plastics would be sensational.

Angus

Hiya

Yup the Iluka side rock wall is sensational, I went up and down the wall flicking soft plastics and got a dozen flatties and a mate got a whopping 90cm flattie trolling a large hard body with his tinnie on a kmart $49.99 rod and reel combo!! lol!

At night on the Iluka beach side off the rock wall I saw a guy pull a monster jew and I got busted off there big time so there are some hefty fish there, especially at night time but beware of big waves on the surf side.

All in all a awesome spot to have a holdiday! I will be there over Christmas hols...cant wait!

Batty

Well got back from yamba yesterday after a very windy couple of days.There was nothing worth talking about really besides a couple of nice 30+ bream takin.The flatties were around but were only very small and were mosly takin on sps. I got one big bust off under the bridge on a sp which snapded me off and i think it was a jewy as there has been alot of talk about them being there. Anyways its was a great time had and hope next time is better.

cheers sean

Archived