Stradbroke landbased

stingray

Hi AFO members.

I am planing to do a landbased trip to North Stradbroke island Saturday 24th and want to know if anyone is keen?

Going to be fishing pointlook out.

Some good fishing here but it's not for the lazy fisherman.

Post edited by: stingray, at: 2007/03/21 15:04

post-160-144598408277_thumb.jpg

Travis - For newbie Rock fishermen this headland in ideal. Dont get me wrong, you must keep and eye on the swell, but this is good advice for any rock fishing. Point lookout is by far the safest place i have rock fished. And i have caught some great fish there!!

Marrek - Good luck with it. Usually id be over there anyway at easter and would have joined you. Alas this year other committments have taken precedence. Good luck though and look forward to the report as it will be something a bit different for the forums.

Angus

Hi AFO.

Just an update on my trip im planning to pointlook rocks. It looks like i will just do a day trip.

The plan is for Saturday March 24th.

The plan is to get to Cleveland at 5:30am and be on the 6:00am water Taxi.

Get there just after 6:30am and catch the Bus from Dunwich to point lookout and that is about 20mins.

Walk to the spot and setup and get fishing,the Tide will be dead low and turn on it's way with a high just after Noon.

Fish till 2:00pm and then make way home.

Water taxi and bus on island Adult return fares are $27

Student Water taxi and bus return fares are $17

Fish I will be after are sharks,Spaniard,big GTs, maybe rat yellowfin tuna and of course bluefin,Snapper,Cobia, and other Reef fish.

Tight lines

Marek

Post edited by: stingray, at: 2007/03/21 15:15

post-160-144598408723_thumb.jpg

Archived