Computer help needed

bootyinblue

Guys and Girls,

I need some specific help with my Windows Vista. I know people prefer Firefox etc, but I am using windows and request answers relevant to that.

1) When I click on MSN Messenger to receive my emails, it opens a new window which takes me to Windows Live instead of to the mail window AND it also changes the current window I have open to Hotmail too. How do I stop this happening?

2) It appears my computer does not have cookies turned on as everytime I close a website and then go back there I have to re sign in even though I ticked the remember me box.

Thats about it for now, but I am sure I will find additional issues as I have ust re installed Windows on this lap top.

if you dont mind using an email client like outlook express you can setup your email to use that instead. if msn uses an imap you can use that instead of a pop3 server. imap allows outlook express to sync with your mail server. hence anything you do in outlook express i.e. deleting mail will mirror in your msn account. if you dont want this to happen and choose to use a pop3 server then if you do anything in you outlook express it will not affect your msn account. using an email client helps with having to open an explorer page. also if you have a full version of microsoft office you can actually setup your full outlook to use multiple accounts up to 5. mine is currently set to 3 accounts.

if you need any help just pm me bro

2. press the drop arrow on the tools menu and select internet options. now click the security tab and click custom level, here you can enable just about everything from cookies to framework to scripts

Thanks... but all that meant nothing to me really. I used to click on MSN Windows icon in the right corner showing I had mail and it opened a new window and took me there signed in and all. Now when I click it, it opens a new window, plus changes an additional window to the mail page and I have to re sign in.

Its sh!tting me...

Archived