Non lead jighead

Oztrav

No unfortunately.

Baroon has a no lead sinker rule, (if I could find lead free jig heads I would, but until I can I am sticking to \"jigheads are not sinkers\". I do use the enamel paint coated wilson ones though, I figure it will be a long time before the paint degrades and frees the lead to the elements. Better than nothing. I use old steel nuts for sinkers.

I have not heard of anything like that at Hinze,unless it came in recently lead is ok.

Yeah I know mate, but not much choice. If lead free were available I'd use them.

Beside which Mr Beattie assures us the water treatment plants have no problems removing the lead, heavy metals, hormones and other toxins in the recycled effluent they are going to pump back into the dams, so at least it should not affect the water users.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/03/17 10:33

I wouldn't recommend them, especially for Bass fishing. You will be waiting 5 minutes for them to hit the bottom.

Also casting distance is limited with Resin Heads. Bass fishing has a lot to do with casting distance, especially when land based. Hence the use of heavy lures like Jackalls and Spinnerbaits. If a Soft Plastic is used it's usually with a 1/8th oz. or heavier.

My bet would be to go with the TT Lead Free Jigheads. I'll post up a table of the weights and sizes they are available in.

Troy [img size=457]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/TT_Alloy_Jighead_Sizes.JPG

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2007/03/17 11:39

post-68-14459840886_thumb.jpg

Archived