electric motor questions

ozlad

Just wondering, as i have never used an electric before and have recently purchased one. When turning the motor around it makes some noise, not loud but enough. Are the minn Kota rip tides suppose to be completly silent or is this normal? Also another question, on the foot peddle i have a left and right to direct the boat, but in the middle i have another button which can be pushed down, however when doing so nothing really happens. Is this button serve a purpose?

cheers,

m8 if i were you i would sell it while you can still get good money for it,i know quite a few people with minn kota electrics and all have had issues,especialy the 55lb riptide with the auto pilot,the bloke i fish with has had his back to the dealer 9 times,it has been completely rebuilt twice,he is on his 5th and 6th foot pedal,the foot pedals fail that often most people that regulaly fish comps have back up foot pedals on board,i have had motor guide electric motors since i started comp fishing 6 years ago and i have never had to send 1 back for anything,yes the auto pilot is great but that doesnt mean diddly squat if the bloody thing isnt working

sorry for ranting and raving,i will get off my soap box now

Archived