Fishing at Gold Coast

tdawg

just got back from two days fishing at the Gold Coast. It was pretty good, i mainly fished the spit, along the big rock wall and in a canal with a pontoon. I basically only caght bream x4, whiting x2 and this wierd looking fish. We went for a fish last night with some mullets ganged up but didnt get anything. The best lure of the trip was definately my sx48, its what i caught all fish on. There are some REALLY nice looking boats going through the coast seaway, i was walking around the marina near seaworld and one boat was 10mil$$. Anyway pics to follow.

Tim

jeff f wrote:

thats a grinner, dont tr4y to eat it you'll be picking bones out of your teeth for a week:sick:

haha the pelicans like them tho! Infact this one pelican ate 3 of ours in less then 10 mins.

Did you lose any lures to them? They have got viscous teeth!

That be a Grinner. Ugliest, Slimeyest and worst fish in the bay. Didn't used to be many of them but when people over fished snapper, the grinners hav been over taking the reefs.

And yes they are super aggressive. Yesterday before cricket, we went out fishing and at one spot there were a few grinners and my day managed to catch two at once, on one hook. He had hooked one of them and then later another grinner bit onto the other ones head. so he pulled up two at once. I tryed to get a picture but the phone dodn't turn on fast enough.

At that same spot we caught a few on lures after we noticed their were so many of them.

I googled it and it deffinately looks like a variegated lizard fish. do you know the legal size? cause i was temped to throw it out as a livie at the time. but i thought i better not cause there was a primary fisheries guy walking around checking catches.

thought i would throw in the best boat of the day. mmm, maybe for my birtday:woohoo: [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/fishing_at_GC_010.jpg

post-338-144598410095_thumb.jpg

fair point, im more confused as to why they have a jet ski at the back? just so you know, that guy on the jetski went on to completely spray the rich dudes at the front :laugh: haha, it was good

Post edited by: tdawg, at: 2007/03/25 20:35

• 2 weeks later...

Archived