Wes, Myself, Kooka & Sharks!

ryanyoung

ellicat wrote:

Good session fellas ! Must give Kooka another go myself over these holidays. What's the street name that leads to the ramp ? (Been a couple of years :blush: )

How did the Lemax handle the fight Ryan ?

It went pretty well Ellicat, no massive dramas, the drag was tight as by the end of the fight, and it was still getting stripped! The 15lb braid held up okay, although I am not really happy with it, it is not very casting-friendly. I will definately go back to stren or berkley after I have worn it out! The rod loads up very well, and definately fights above its weight!

Cheers,

Ryan.

ryanyoung wrote:

ellicat wrote:
Good session fellas ! Must give Kooka another go myself over these holidays. What's the street name that leads to the ramp ? (Been a couple of years :blush: )

How did the Lemax handle the fight Ryan ?

It went pretty well Ellicat, no massive dramas, the drag was tight as by the end of the fight, and it was still getting stripped! The 15lb braid held up okay, although I am not really happy with it, it is not very casting-friendly. I will definately go back to stren or berkley after I have worn it out! The rod loads up very well, and definately fights above its weight!

Cheers,

Ryan.

what brand braid ryan ?

ellicat wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love your work fellas. Ryan's 110 would have been good to see released in the same circumstances :woohoo:

:laugh: :laugh: the bigger the better!!!! all though there was 2 other boats watching ryan release the bigger one, they were saying their bloody letting it go :laugh: :laugh:

tomca wrote:

Careful wes, I had a punch up at Jindalee a couple of years ago doing that! A skier got upset I threw a bully in the river right near where his kids were swimming :laugh:

I said," not like I bought it from home, you tool" and it was on :ohmy:

:laugh: LMFAO :laugh: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sulfuras wrote:

Hey, thinking of giving this a go next week once i accumulate all the required tackle. Could someone tell me how to get the two hooks on the 80lbs wire trace? Also whats good spacing etc? Thanks in advance.

Mate use the search feature lots of good detailed info on shark rigs and catching them.

Short answer is generally the bottom hook is fixed, with the upper hook free running, There are variations with snelled hooks etc, as with a free running hook the live bait can "banana" on you and look unnatural. I Just use a small splitshot when that happens to hold the 2nd hook far enough up the trace so it doesn't happen. (Makes life simpler as you never know what size live bait your going to end up with)

I also have recently made up some rigs to experiment with on my next trip, with the second hook as a stinger with a separate small length of wire free running on the main wire holding the 2nd hook.

tomca wrote:

Careful wes, I had a punch up at Jindalee a couple of years ago doing that! A skier got upset I threw a bully in the river right near where his kids were swimming :laugh:

I said," not like I bought it from home, you tool" and it was on :ohmy:

yeah had a few have a crack at me over the years, just because their kids dont want to ski in the river no more lol after seeing me release the sharks as they go by! i just tell them they are bad parents by putting their kids at risk in a known population of bull sharks, and telling their kids there is no sharks there! i have ended the odd ski family day out because the kids refuse to enter the water again :laugh: :laugh: tell the kids they are safer in a dam ;)

Archived