Colmslie to Brekky

RichH

Left home around 330 yesterday arvo to catch up with some mates at colmslie and try out my new cast net. Decent amount of people on and around the boat ramp and more coming so we decided to cast off the jetty ..spent a good 45mins with no luck ..but i did get a heap of practice considering it was my first time using a casty. We decided to head to brekky seems to be the spot we always return to when bait is limited , threw for approx 30mins ..again epic fail. Spoke a to a bloke who said he only caught 1 boney bream. Thinking this may be the result of the rains an all the fresh. We moved further down the river for another 20 or so minutes resulting in nudda once again. Got me thinking how unlucky that boney bream was.. the bonus of casting for a decent period was i think ive got a decent technique down pat ..i get the odd cast where it goes wrong ..but majority was not too bad. We decided to head to the servo for some frozens ..got a packet of tweed prawns and 2 whole mullet. Returned to the banks of the brekky settin our gear up and began to fish. After approx 10minutes my bait runner started to slowly run ..but i didnt notice any hard hits or fReAkY tip action. retrieved slowly only finding a lil mud crab on the end who decided to drop off at the bottom of the bank. This was the continuing trend for the night repeatedly. We hung around till 9ish ..then the rain started to get heavier and we thought we'd call it a night , not a total fail i got heaps of casting practice and i think next time i might take a crab pot with rotten fish frames to lure the crabs away from our lines.

Archived