Maroochydoore report

Joel Eadie

we got up at 5.30 and headed out not sure what would be out there, most of you would have known there would have been mackerell out there but anyway. we got out past the breakers and threw in a trolling line as we headed off for a flock of birds about 500 meters away. withing 30 seconds we were on. my mate pulled up a 75cm spotted mackerell. we threw in a second trolling line and in another 5 min i was on i started winding like crazy though sadly i felt the line go slack then saw my lure flying through the air some 50 meters back. i wound the line in and to my embarrasment i found the hook protectors still on my lure :blush:

i threw in again and in not long i was on again. this time i got it to the boat and my mate smacked the lure out of its mouth with the net. in the lure went again and soon i had my third hooked. this one i got into the boat and it measured a little over 70cm.

my other friend caught one more then they decided they wanted to head back :dry:

so that left us with only three, however it was a great trip, lots of fun

Joel Eadie wrote:

i wound the line in and to my embarrasment i found the hook protectors still on my lure

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :silly: :lol: :laugh: thats clasic never mind mate its just so much more funnier when other people do it. sounds like fun all the same. got pic. of the lures you where using for others to see?

Archived