Fiji

hulk

Hi All,

I am looking to go over to Fiji with my family in September and was wondering whether those forumites who have been there could recommend any accomodation,activities(fishing will be one) etc to be done and if there are any little things to look out for(good and bad).I know most will suggest to go to a travel agent(my wife has seen three(not flight centre yet though Henry) but I would like to know what people who have been there done that think of it all.Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hulk

mate, went there in 08 to get married,stayed at the shangri-la was unreal,had everything u need,also had 3 charter boats in the resort mainly targeted dollies, mackeral,hoo,always seemed to get a few every trip,friendly people,great food,the resort resteraunts where exspensive but no more than a resort down the coast,the down side was the drivers over there, crazy drivers

cheers rosco

was chatting to my bro on facebook this morning - he just moved there. he ducked out for a flick of some poppers in an inflatable before work........got smoked on 30lb braid by a GT he reckons wouldn't have realised it was hooked.......

the moral of the story.......PACK SOME HEAVY GEAR!!! forget the 4lb bream outfit!!

haha.... just check in with them to see if they can beat the prices. I've personally heard from close mates of some differences in service from some Flighty shops so hopefulyl the one you get to give good service.

At the least you should get the best price possible. They do have their best price motto.

G'day Hulk

My family of 4 and another family stayed at the Naviti Resort on the Coral Coast over the Christmas New Year break...This is one resort to give a miss..Had a lot of hassels with being double charged for a lot of things and the rooms we stayed in were more like 2 star not four. Having said that the people in Fiji are very nice and the fising was great. My profile photo was on a charter on the 1st of Jan this year in Fiji. This guy was a local near the resort. I would recommend that you don't book charters through the resort but ask the local taxi or bus drivers if they know of any fishing charter in the local area.

I hope this helps.

Good luck and happy fishing.

Cheers

Archived