Caloundra/pummicesne Passage

Jords

I am stayin for a bit at Caloundra with my gp's cause i am now on holidays:) . There is a jettey and a pontoon jetty about 100m from the hotel that head slightly into the pummicestone passae. There are a few pike around of the pylons that i am planning to use as live bait for shovelnose and similar. any1 know of any other species i should try for????

Jords wrote:

Awsome

Should i fish them as strips or as livies???

might freeze a few for big tailor bait later in the year??

pike dont live very long as live baits so i start cutting at the tail, up along the backbone to just before the head on both sides then put a large hook through the head from between the gills to out between the eyes, this way they hang in the current and look pretty natural

trevally, if it's the jetty i'm thinking of. you do catch big jewfish there- also flathead. you can jig up herring for live bait there as well- there's always plenty. i've seen some monster bream caught but usually when it's buggery cold. caught my first ever golden trevally in the passage- good memories of childhood fishing!

Not too sure - will have 2 ask mum

There is a relatively deep channel beyong which is a big, shallow sand flat that stretches for a long way. I was there a couple of weeks ago and caught a greenish vertically striped fish which may have been a juvenile luderick?????

%7Boption%7D

looked kinda like this but quite black/green tinge with green stripes

Post edited by: Jords, at: 2007/03/31 19:25

post-529-144598410505_thumb.gif

post-529-144598410509_thumb.gif

Archived