Boondoomba dam Bassing

fisherjack1394

Ok guys today me and my dad decided to get up early and head for boondoomba dam near prosten QLD. we left home at 3 in the morning :ohmy:, we got down there around 5 and were fishing by 5:30.

So we headed for a nice looking weed bed to set our shrimp traps, i have never caught shrimp in boondoomba before, so i set one trap with sausage and one trap with cat food. from there we trolled for about 10min's to try and find some fish.

For no reason at all i decided to stand out on the casting dect and have a cast at the weed. so dad stopped the boat and i began casting, i had about 3 casts without anything and i was beguning to think that it was going to be a long day. Then Bang!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i was on without warning, this fish felt like a good sized bass it was going crazy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz taking line out like it was nothing, i got him about 3m from the boat where i could see that he was about 40=50cm in length then he decided to go for one last run snap, he threw the hooks after all off that. that gave me hope that the day was going to be a good one.

So i started to troll again, i had just past one of the points when bang i was on agin and after a short fight i had landed the first bass of the trip. it was just under legal at 27cm. :cheer:

P1010217.jpg

P1010218.jpg

P1010219.jpg

after this exitement we went and talked to a guy who was bait fishing. so it was getting hot and we decided to give bait a go. had plenty of shrimp in the pots and we baited up and set our lines off one of the points. 5min after dropping ancour i was on to a nice sized bass, after a short fight i had landed my biggest bass ever 31cm hahaha :lol:

P1010222.jpg

P1010226.jpg

anyway we went and had lunch and then i was back at it. same spot i had caught the first bass in i was on two more times both bass where around 20cm. :(

P1010229.jpg

P1010231.jpg

P1010230.jpg

then i snagged my best lure, TN60 Jackal :ohmy: :ohmy: all i have to say is that the best think ever invented is the TN60 jackal and the second best thing is a lure retriver, it saved me $30 today

P1010234.jpg

here are some more random photos of the day

P1010233.jpg

P1010236.jpg

P1010221.jpg

thanks for reading jacko

Looks like you have it all sussed, got the shrimp pots in the right place, found the bass off the point, well done!

Got a similar lure retriever, worth their weight in gold! Just hard to use in the rotten yak! You really need no wind, or a deckie on the motor to hold position to work a retriever properly.

Archived