Garfish Locations

Cowfish13

We're looking to get some Garfish for trolling baits and I'm just trying to find a location to get them. We live in Tarragindi (near Mt Gravatt) and we don't really want to travel an age to just go Garfishing. Anybody know some locations close by? We know NPD, Mt Crosby and Clear Island have got a lot, but it's a bit of a travel for us :/

Thanks ellicat, we were hoping to have some fun catching them, but if it all fails, we may just have to do that.

sehrguht: I agree, though finding places with a few around is difficult.

Henry - It's annoying isn't it :D We've gotta travel so far to get anywhere worthwhile. Though there are some Mullet in Ekibin Ck if that counts haha. As well as the obligatory massive Eels

Never seen any in Manly, but there would have to be some if you burley up a bit hey

We've sort of decided to try Tingalpa, probably up near the dam. Will see how it goes

yeah theres a stack of mullet near that roundabout at stones corner... the one beside the car lot. Dunno if there's mullet there though.

Sucks a big one that we have to drive so far. There is definately gar in Manly harbour...better off the rock wall both harbour side and the open side.

It maybe be abit far for you but there are alot of good gars out the front of the raby bay canals. Had a drag net around one of the little rock walls that stick out from the man made beaches and got 30+ in one walk and pretty much all of them were over 30cms and fat as. Around sunset is normally when i see them on a calm day.

Paul

Cowfish

I have seen an old guy catching them on floats at the Manly Marina - down the end of the main drive and then on the rock wall. he was fishing opposite the channel side about 10 in teh morning on a pretty slack tide.

Seemed to be getting quite a few

Maybe worth a try....

Archived