Threadfin promise

taib

Hi guys,

Well its been raining non stop lately, with the king tides and floods holding back any local fishing, my body couldnt hack it anymore. My mind was telling me to stay home cos its raining but my body grabbed the fishing gear and took off to Bulimba.

Got to Bulimba yesterday arvo at 4.30, tide was comin in and the rain was pouring.... fished for bout an hour and not a dam nibble :angry: decided to fish with lures for a bit and still not a dam nibble so went back to bait.

Was sitting there on my foldable chair when i heard "caught any fish yet?" from behind.. Turned around and turned out it was a family friend. We were both suprised! Told him of my bad luck run until he had a few casts of himself. 5 mins in and he was on!!! Bloody hell! He ended up pullin in a nice 37cm bream. Sorry no pics. Anyway, told him how i have always wanted to catch a threadfin and was in hope Bulimba would be the place to do it. He laughed and said he's caught plenty of those, and so i was thinking to myself "yeah right" until he pulled out his phone and showed me pics! Holly Crap!!! He showed me 4 different pics of threadfins!! :woohoo: He said to me that if i really want to catch one, to meet up with him tonight at Kangaroo POint. He will show me a spot that is apparently full of Threadies. He mentioned that he has been there 4 times and has caught 4 threadies. He wouldnt say where. Well guys, wish me luck tonight for my hunt of my first thready. Hope this guy is right and luck is upon me. I will report again tomorrow.

;)

Anyway, for rest of the night, i ended up landing a nice size legal flathead, and yes this was for dinner. I must also say i feel like i have ross river fever today ... Bloody mozzies are deadly there...

Archived