first trip to Wivenhoe

dan25

Hey guys

Mate and i headed to Wivenhoe today. Was good fun even without any bass being caught. Overall we caught about 30-40 Catties ranging between 30-50cm all caught on worms :laugh:. cast a few Jackals around with no luck, but the Catties, sure kept us entertained.

We paddled out from Logans inlet to a rocky wall that we fished off for most the arvo. Good fun, and hope to head back there soon to try my luck again.

CopyofImage0193.jpg

IMG_7099.jpg

IMG_7097.jpg

thanks

dan

Scope, the true Freshwater Catfish (Eel-tail, Tandanus) is not too bad. No worse than other fish. But many of the bigger dams (Wivenhoe, Awoonga, Monduran etc) also have the Blue Catfish (Forkie) that is usually found in saltwater and is exactly the same ;}

Looks like you had fun. You could also have a go at landing some on plastics next time as the Catties in dams seem more inclined to take them than in saltwater :}

Well done Dan - loved the video. I think that rocky spot looks inviting for bass at the right time. From the reading i've done on the place one of the renowned bass spots is Platypus cliffs - not sure if thats where you were but would be worth sussing out sometime. Thanks again for sharing the vid - very enjoyable.

Cheers. ;)

mongrel jack wrote:

Well done Dan - loved the video. I think that rocky spot looks inviting for bass at the right time. From the reading i've done on the place one of the renowned bass spots is Platypus cliffs - not sure if thats where you were but would be worth sussing out sometime. Thanks again for sharing the vid - very enjoyable.

Cheers. ;)

thanks mate, glad you liked it :)

Archived