Nth Pine Dam 05/04/07

adventure_angler

Well me and a mate hit up North Pine Dam this arvo for an hour on dusk. Before heading out to the dam we stopped off at Amart to pick up a few things we both needed. While there I noticed they now have Kokoda G-Vibes back in stock so grabbed three of those. Drove to McGavins View and walked straight down the steep hill to the water and started casting a new G-Vibe, while my mate flicked a Jackall round. We decided to walk the bank until we got to the wall and we would then turn back. After about 6 casts with my new lure I was on. Pulled it in to find my first lure caught bass that went about 28cm (photo is on mobile and will be uploaded later). Let it go and we continued our walk up the bank. Further along the bank my mate hooked onto something that looked a fair bit bigger but after getting it in about half way was snagged. Funny thing is this fish went for another G-Vibe my mate put on after already going through two Jackalls. I ended up walking out and getting his lure, which the fish had busted off by this point. A few casts later I had a good hit, but failed to hook-up. As soon as the sun fell below the hills we were swarmed by mozzies, so made a quick walk to the cars.

Ended up being a worthwhile little session, getting to test G-Vibes for the first time and also catching a nice little bass.

-nelson-

Yeah love the G Vibes, tried out a deep diving one in the salt this week, very good action, the normal one seemed to suffer a bit in the salt,seemed to need a bit more speed to \"work\", but that could just be because I had used the deep one first.

Congrats on your first lure caught bass.

I remember my first nearly gave me a heart attack. Baroon pocket son having fun taking us back to the ramp, and I was flicking this godawfull looking orange shad around trying to see how it swam when this Bass launched it out of the water about 10 foot away, scared the crap out of me, I was not expecting any self respecting fish to go anywhere near it!

Well I have been wanting to get some Jackalls for a while now but thought I would grab a few G-Vibes to try first, in case they got snagged and I lost them. I didnt get snagged at all today, so I think I will grab some Jackalls next time. G-Vibes only come in like 6 colours too, and I have 3 of them, so a bit of variety would be good. I dont have any complaints about the G-Vibes though :P

Has anyone tried the Kokoda alternative to the EcoGear Sx-40? I saw them today with the G-VIbes for $7 and they looked OK too.

If I can catch fish on a $7 lure as easily as a $25 lure I know whick lure Ill be buying more of... Aaron, you also caught the only fish from that lake after the Hinze trip with about 6 of us all trying other lures. Haha, they cant be too bad in my books.

Was great to catch a bass on lure, hit the lure just as i jigged it off the bottom. Put up a decent fight for its size too.

-nelson-

Archived