Anzac Day - Baroon Pocket?

Feral

Ok looking at the calendar, it appears we have nothing booked in between now and the Hinze weekender in June. Is there something on that has not been entered?

If not I reckon we should do something, just another informal trip with those who show up if they can. Particulary as I missed the last meet and greet!

My weekends are pretty busy, my missus has a few things booked, and it is the middle of the rally season.

What do you think about something on Anzac day? (Wednesday fortnight)Celebrate the day by exercising our freedom as it were!

I was thinking of a another trip to Baroon Pocket. same deal as last time, Yakkers, and electric boats,people launch as they arrive - from either ramp.

I'll put on a few snags again for lunch. (Thinking though that the Maleny end picnic area might be better for the lunch, so those paddling can stay central on the dam instead of going all the way back to the dam wall for a feed - but I am easy).

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/07 15:16

Here hoping.

I have come to the conclusion that i fish to shallow at Baroon. After all the Yella from Hinze was in deep water and caught off the bottom.

On that note i think im going to use lures such as Poltergistes and get right down there. Who knows, fishing those rock walls etc maybe even one of those elusive cod will turn up!!

And either way i have seen plenty of pics of Bass with Poltergistes hanging out their gob. So i wont be ruling out my other options. Might keep the Spanglies away though!

Angus

$5 a day for boating permit unsure about kayaks/ canoes guessing it isnt required

10 electric dinghies allowed on the lake at one time

does that mean no ski lice? (please say yes)

I can deckie i borrow a 12 ft punt and paddle power like old school

or get a canoe just dont realy have transport for them

dazz you wanted anorth coast trip

Post edited by: Oztrav, at: 2007/04/07 21:23

Lozzel wrote:

Thanks Feral , Would like to be your deckie, and your 8yo wont be a prob.

He will prob out fish us both anyway.

Let me know what cost to split.

Thanks Laurie

Wont be any costs mate, electrics dont use juice, and I lure fish, so no bait costs! I will try to get some shrimp out of the caboolture weir - though no promises! If I am really keen might even pump some yabbies.

Oztrav wrote:

I can deckie i borrow a 12 ft punt and paddle power like old school

or get a canoe just dont realy have transport for them

dazz you wanted anorth coast trip<br /><br />Post edited by: Oztrav, at: 2007/04/07 21:23

OK for the newbies to Baroon they have some interesting rules.

1. No lead sinkers (clean out that old tin full of 3/8 nuts!)

2. No electrics in canoes or Yaks, only boats (IE Canoes and yaks paddle power only)they are worried about batteries being lost into the dam

3. Batteries must be tied down in boats (see above)

4. $5 for using the electric motor, honesty box at both ramps for filling in your own permit. No other costs or permits required.

Bass bite on both live shrimp and salt water yabbies, rarely on worms.

Most lures will catch fish, trolling or working weed beds and lily pads. (50 to 100mm length) Soft plastics, particularly gold shads (my fav!) do well when worked the same way.

So to completely clarify, no money is required for Yakkers.

Nelson: Its not a big dam. James, Ash, Terry and I have completely circumnavigated it using paddles no worries.

In the Tempo you should have no worries.

Shaping up to be another good day :)

Angus

coolies

now for a decision

with the recent finding that i can tie canoes kayaks or smaller boats straight onto my roof i have an option

borrow a 2 man kayak from my uncle and tie it on borrow a 12 ft punt tie it on and paddle as it has a petrol motor and aboating permit wont be required cause of paddle power the good thing about this is you can still stand in it light as and it will float in 30 cms of water

or deckie for someone decisions decisions:) :) :)

Oztrav wrote:

borrow a 12 ft punt tie it on and paddle

or deckie for someone decisions decisions:) :) :)

Mate paddling a boat is a pain in the but, unless there are two of you. Try and get oars, a lot easier. (Also easier to fish, you can just rest on the oars and cast!)

I am also going to try and hum Ray or Ferg's spare electric so I can run two motors anyway, so I am happy to give you a tow across the main bay if you decide to row, or get to buggered to row/paddle home.

Or you could hop in with us, Just Lozzel and I now. (as long as Lozzel is happy with that)

I have decided to take Alex (my 8 year old son) up for a \"prefish\" on the Sunday before instead of taking him for a big day out (he gets bored if he does not get a fish every 10 minutes!)

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/09 21:46

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/09 21:47

thanks ferel it has oars, and who doesnt get bored if they dont get a fish every ten minutes

i think dazzamcgee is coming with me to help share the burden im not planning on going all over the lake

just going over sokme points and bays with a fine tooth combB)

I was thinking Maleny end, but that ramp does not open until 7, so as there are a few yakkers / rowers, what do they reckon? do you want to start before 7, and will you stop fishing at lunch?

Maleny end is more central to dam if you want to get back into it after lunch, Montville end means early starters are at their cars if they want to finish at lunch. I am easy, and can carry BBQ gear in boat, also doubt I will be there before 7am, so does not worry me!

Yep, Maleny end it is for the BBQ, and for a 7am start.

Lozzel and Polyphonic, I live at Morayfield, and will be leaving home about 5:45am to get there by 7am. Do you want to meet me at my place or at the dam. Last time Brian just met me at the dam. My place can be a bit hard to find, particularly in the dark!

For those of you who dont know the way to the Dam from the Maleny end-

Drive to Maleny,

In the middle of town, turn right(first turn just past the bridge. Follow it through until you hit the dam - There are signs. There is one intersection with a minor track, just bear left and you wont go wrong.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/12 18:45

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/21 16:06

Feral wrote:

Yep, Maleny end it is for the BBQ, and for a 7am start.

Lozzel and Polyphonic, I live at Morayfield, and will be leaving home about 5:45am to get there by 7am. Do you want to meet me at my place or at the dam. Last time Brian just met me at the dam. My place can be a bit hard to find, particularly in the dark!

For those of you who dont know the way to the Dam from the Maleny end-

Drive to Maleny,

In the middle of town, at the post office, turn right(first turn just past the bridge. Follow it through until you hit the dam - There are signs. There is one intersection with a minor track, just bear left and you wont go wrong.<br /><br />Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/12 18:45

No worries Feral

I will meet you there.

If any one wants a ride I'll be leaving Algester at about 5.30am. Takes about 1.5 hours from my place and your more than welcome to catch a lift.

Whos bringing the BBQ sauce?

Hey there.

I can lend anyone my 2nd Espri Kayak if they want to come.

However i cant transport it for them. Only room for one on my car.

If can pick it up however feel free.

Let me know. Its fully outfitted with seat, rod holders etc.

Angus.

P.S. Any other yakkers deff going yet?

Angus

Archived