Anzac Day - Baroon Pocket?

Feral

Gee my heart has been in and out of my mouth all week, the mob on seabreeze have been changing the forecast between blowing a gale and dead calm almost hourly!

(Current prediction below) Its looking a A little blowy, but reasonable. Even if it gets up more, with the wind from the south it should be ok. (Baroon does not get much waves even from a stiff southerly)

I made a mistake in the directions above as well, the post office has been turned into some sort of shop, so just head into Maleny, take the first right after the bridge over Obi Obi creek in the middle of town, its all sign posted.

At this stage this is my take on who is coming. If your not on the list let us know so I can make sure I have enough snags for the BBQ.

3 tinnies

Silver Bullet

Feral (andrew)

Polyphonic (Jamie)

Lozzel (Laurrie)

Rays Tinnie

Ray

Graham

John

Oztrav's Folly (oops Tinnie)

Oztrav

Dazza

[ul]Yaks[/ul]

Angus

Terry H

possibles (sort of said you were going)

Adventure Angler

I am bringing enough snags and bread to feed everyone, would someone like to bring some sauce, maybe some onions if ya feel like em.

I'll see if I can bring some soft drinks, but probably best to plan on drinks being BYO.

The plan - head off from the Maleny end Boat ramp as soon after 7 as we can, fish until about 1, (if your right up the eastern arm, allow 45mins to travel back for the feed!) then Sausage sizzle / BBQ at the Maleny boat ramp picnic ground.

The die hards can then fish a bit more after lunch, the others can pack up and beat the traffic home! [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/saturday.jpg

Angus if you bring the banner we might have a good photo opportunity!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/21 18:14

post-134-144598412234_thumb.jpg

No worries Adventure Angler! There will be photo's!

Two wheels, you reckon if you make it you'll get there around 7ish? Otherwise might be a good idea to get a mobile number off someone who will have reception on the dam. (which unfortunately is not me - Vodaphone, in the car park is about it!)

If anyone needs a loan of a 45lb motorguide motor I will be bringing it along if not feral will be strapping it on the rear of the silver bullet so he can hoon around and burn everyone else off with twin motors. Only thing you will have to sourse your own battery. I do have an old 100ah deep cycle but its 4 years old and I dont know how long it would last.

Also John Ford is coming along so if anyone has any rods they need repaired at a very reasonable cost bring them along.

Ray

I've already loaned out my spare batteries to a mate who has borrowed Ferg's motor. But I wont say no to having the second motor on the back of the Silver Bullet!

Oztrav - My second bank of batteries is mounted under the seat and screwed in (and weighs 80 kilo's) so taking them out and putting them in yours is not really and option!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/22 20:25

Shaping up to be a good day.

As Travis said: I cant beleive thats all :P

There might actually be a couple of people from AKFF coming as well.

Also a work colleague will be using my second Yak. His name is Chris Lane.

See you all there.

Angus

Graham said that we can have a loan of his 100ah deep cycle battery.

I went prawning this morning at nudgee and am trying to keep about 20 small ones alive to see how the bass like them. I also will pump a few yabbys tomorrow morning.

I will be leaving Redland Bay at 5 am so should arrive at maleny ramp around 7.

Ray

Is there anything people would like me to bring. Sounds like the snags are covered by Feral(if you want me to grab a couple of packs of snags let me know). Lozzel is taking care of onions and sauce. My understanding is everyone brings their own drinks. So I guess I'll bring a couple of loafs of bread and some chips for a snack while the BBQ is cooking.B)

Post edited by: polyphonic, at: 2007/04/23 16:57

I've got about 30 snags, Polyphonic if you bring a couple of loaves of bread that would be great (I forgot to get any this arvo, so you'll save me another trip to the shop!)

The missus has a swag of bacon in the freezer, might disappear some of that as well, depends on whether she is up when I leave! :evil:

Archived