private dam report (toga!)

Joel Eadie

my mate hooked us up with this dam close-ish to samford he had reports of massive toga in this dam, but you know how it is, no pic no one believes you.

got down there just before 5, before sunlight, and started flicking lures around no real action though. just as the sun started coming up devstar (if you remember him) had his first hit, though missed it, he got his second, one jump in the air (by the toga) and that one was gone aswell. third one (while my and my other mate were wondering what we were doing wrong) he landed it, went a measily 63cm ( :P ) caught on a bubble pop 65 not sure about colours sorry

i was next, after i changed my lure to a top water bug and after the first couple of casts i was on, peeled a bit of my 6lb line off though i soon had it in and measured 70cm i was stoked

after that one i caught the next going 63, it gave some nice flips in the air before i got it in. after this the sun rose a bit so we changed to spinners

devstar kept getting hit on a gold 1/4 though couldnt make it stick, meanwhile i swapped over to my fly rod, i managed another 3 on that plus 2 more i picked up, one with a green/gold stump jumper and a white spinner. devstar=4, other mate=1, me=7

all wrapped up by 10.30 sweet day and one to tick off the hit list. hold on for pics

thats awsome would love to fish some private dams how do you go about finding them and getting permission wonder if anyone stocks sooty grunter around brisbane they are on my hitlist for when i get overthere but was disapointed when i found out they only occour further north (much further)the togas are wicked to they would go hard on bream gear

Archived