Just a few.....

Dazzamcgee

Hey,

Took the yak out for a run this morning in search of a few Bass..

Has been near 3months since last fishing session so it was well overdue as trebles were rusting and reels were seizing plus the urge that couldn't be brushed under the carpet any longer.... It was time to catch a few..

Hit the water at 6am and headed upstream throwing surface lures(bat,buggi pop,propbaits) for a whole lot of nothing with a miss here and there managing 3 very small tackers(Aquarium specimens).

I did notice however as I went up the fish just weren't there and the water temp was getting way to cold for any action. My starting location temp was 21 degrees and as I traveled up it got as low as 19 degrees. So it didn't take long for me to high tail it out of there and head on downstream. On the way down temp was going 21,22,23,24 till I came a cross a 5-10meter deep hole which was reading 24degrees and what do u know the sounder starts beeping of its head!! Bait galore!! The bass have to be here I though and with that i switched over to a G-vibe and a spinnerbait.

Ploughed the area for fish and managed 3 30ish cm Bass on the spinnerbait. 1 of the bass took the spinner on the drop and the other 2 took it within a few feet of the rod tip! Visibility was maybe 4 feet and to see a Bass appear out of the murky depths then stop side on to the lure with its fins erect for a split second before smashing the lure and steam training away was a real buzzzz! That was the highlight of the session.....

The sounder was still showing plenty of large fish around but I had wasted so much time heading the wrong way it was time to call it a day and head home....

6 bass, 1 large hungry turtle trying to eat a lure and a follow by a small banded grunter..

Cheers, thanks for reading...

Picture249.jpg

Picture250.jpg

Picture251.jpg

Picture252.jpg

Picture256.jpg

Picture257.jpg

Archived