Holidays in Port Macquarie

Lozzel

We are booking a place in Port Macquarie for the 1st week in june.Its wright on the Hastings River, own boat ramp & jetty. ;)

Has anybody fished that aera down there or know what its like at that time. ( Winter prob cold :pinch: )

Any info would be great

Thanks All

Mate I use to live 45min south of Port Macquarie a town called Taree and I can easly say \"make sure you pack your winter warmer's\" as it get pretty fresh this time of the year in the mornings and nights.

Fishing wise I've never fished the river but the headlands are a great place to rock fish and can catch a verity of fish(bream,tailor,heaps of sh#t fish and maybe salmon)Nobby's beach is one of the better spots.Also If you take a drive a tad south (15mins) theres a place called Laurieton which is way better place to fish has alot of so called (secret spots) well worth the drive if your keen for some real fishing and has some nice quiet beaches that are great to take the family to. Not to sure if you have kids but there are some tame kangaroos there that can be hand fed so take along some bread for them. I think tho if its just a fishing getaway you would be better headed to Forster fishing wise has alot more to offer is a good hour south of Port.

Archived