Brisbane River Big Fingermark??????

francomas777

Hey Guys,

Went out to Brisbane River Mouth for my usual session the other night.

My mate Sam ended up coming along and bringing his boat.

Not too many fish a couple of jewies around 50cm then as we were about to leave my mate hooked onto this thing.

After bringing it in the boat are first thoughts were a massive Mangrove Jack but after a closer look we suddenly realised it was a 70cm fingermark.

Hope you enjoy the pic

IMG_0117.jpg

snapsnap wrote:

it looks exactly the same though?? yellow fins underneath etc

They a look a little different. Both Lutjanus though, same as the jacks. From a sports fishermans point of view the Fingermark is far more interesting as it stays in the creeks when it gets big unlike the Moses Perch. Also it gets a lot bigger in the first place!

Moses Perch are also very common down here where as Fingermark as essentially unheard of.

Nice one again Franco.

3 reports in a day from the lasr 2 weeks. Not bad!

Everyone has been speculating about Barra and then we get Fingermark!!

Nice.

Angus

Big difference in colour the finger mark as mentioned earlier are also known as golden snapper in the nt and northern wa,there dubbed this name from the golden to bronze colour the fish have on there cheeks, and down the under body of the fish.( lateral line down)

Where as mosses are more pinky in colour..Like angus said unlike mosses n Jack fingermark stay in the rivers and grow to be brutes and are excellent to catch and just as good on the plate..

I just heard of someone getting a legal sized trout out at harries this morning along with a undersized red 2 weeks ago..

Makes ya sorta wonder if these sceintist fellas are right about this globel warming stuff,I'm mean there's been a fair few " northern " fish been caught down here recently...The mind boggals...

Enormoss wrote:

woot! woot! that is awsome to see :cheer: must of pulled like a train :laugh: so whos gunna get the first barra or Gt in the river lmao :P

cheers

Already been a 50 odd cm GT caught by nabs about 2 years ago. Really nice looking fish.

And there was a huge barra caught end of last year beginning of this year by Kevin Chen from the wharves :)

Angus

That race has been run a barra that is not sure who caught it but it was in nadders boat and form memeroy it was about 91cm and GT's get caught from time to time but not like the brut's they get up north,well not yet anyway but there's always hope

cheers dassa

dhess wrote:

Fantastic catch. Initially I thought surely its a monster moses but then again they don't get quite that big an all the bigger ones are offshore.

Awesome stuff. I expect to see PNG black bass in the river next. LOL :P

funny you should mention that, watch reports in a few hrs

nah just kiddin

nadders wrote:

dhess wrote:
Fantastic catch. Initially I thought surely its a monster moses but then again they don't get quite that big an all the bigger ones are offshore.

Awesome stuff. I expect to see PNG black bass in the river next. LOL :P

funny you should mention that, watch reports in a few hrs

nah just kiddin

LOL. You should get out and catch a jack or a moses and airbrush it up in black bass colours.

Archived