might get a kayak now!!!!

chippee4132

i went out at 4 this morning off the gold coast because the winds sere supposed to be easing and switching to n/e, what a crock of s##T

i took the old man out trolling for palagics and nearly died, the swell was easy 2.5metres and blowing solid s/e all day

we hooked on to a big yellowfin but lost him at the boat, it was a big fish, the charter boats were all heading out and stopped to watch my fight

when they saw it jump out of the water they started doing the same troll as us, pretty funny watching a 60ft charter boat stop and change tactics on the way out.

even them guys would have had a rocky ride all day

we decided to bottom bash for a while on the 36's and landed about 15 keepers, mainly just legal squire and a couple of wrass, than trolled again with a couple of short runs , but no big fish today, the next one i get i will put a pic on the forum

when we were heading in with the wind and swell direction a big wave went past us which slowed us right down then WHAMMO, we got flooded , the whole boat was 3inches deep, a freak occurance, and the seaway was pretty violent by this stage coming in, with too much weight we were lucky not to get swamped.

BUT IT DEFINATLY DIDNT CONVINCE ME TO BUY A BLOODY KAYAK YET

Archived