Building a club house

polyphonic

Re the patches i will take a few.

Re the clubhouse. I would like first dibs for the resident caretaker. A big bonus would be that you wouldnt need to worry about cleaning the beer lines as I would just keep it flowing and it wouldnt get a chance to get stale.

:evil:

Ray

jimmybob wrote:

well when i win lotto this saturday nite..il buy us the clubhouse.....ok?......but i get the directors chair:P a big comfy swivel chair...with rod holders on either side....and a stubblie cooler built in...:P

:woohoo: oh thats a classic mate!!!

A clubhouse and boat ramp is all good, but for us lower class without boats we need a decent pontoon to fish our bully and salmon baits off over summer:P

Also if having a club house became a reality how would everyone feel about having disadvantaged and disabled childen come in once a month or so for a day of fishing? we could teach them and let them enjoy the fun of the sport alot of children don't get this anymore and i know even as a chick my fondest memories as a child are fishing ones with my dad

rayke1938 wrote:

Cliffy wrote:
rayke1938 wrote:
Southport Yacht Club comes to mind but I dont think we could afford the fees.:evil: :evil:

Ray

I could be wrong, but we may already have a plant at Southport Yacht Club...anyone spoken to Brian lately??:evil:

He has been a bit quiet lately . Last I heard he was heading out to moreton for the weekend or maybe he is sulking because of that blue jersey he wears.

Ray

Funny guys real funny.

patches - I'll have some but what I would like is to be able to have my shirts and skirts embroided with the logo. ;)

Club house - I'll have a couple:P

Blue jursey - well done you toads but we'll be back

Bit quiet - yeap - buggered my knee, trading towing vehicle, smashed by aggressive wife and busy at work but I'll be back.:woohoo:

kmetius wrote:

Also if having a club house became a reality how would everyone feel about having disadvantaged and disabled childen come in once a month or so for a day of fishing? we could teach them and let them enjoy the fun of the sport alot of children don't get this anymore and i know even as a chick my fondest memories as a child are fishing ones with my dad

Lots of ideas such as that could be looked at in the future kmetius, club house or no. A day to take disadvantaged and disabled children fishing could be arranged, pending the legalities involved.

In answer to your question regarding numbers, there is a core group of about 350-400 that sign on regularly, with quite a large number also signing on once a month or so. But as expected this does tend to differ monthly.

Angus

There is a bloke on Ausfish who regularly takes blind people fishing around the north side, I have made noises about helping, but keep forgetting, and when he asks for help I dont have time to get a blue card (which you need to do anything with kids or the handicapped), so I forget about it until next time comes around and I still dont have time to get the rotten card!

ok heres my idea but it would require all members being around children to get a blue card and first aid certificate.

a few years ago in perth i helped my friend set up a boat club for disadvantaged and disabled children it was also for use of the members of his online community.

we looked into all the details about setting up a community group as a form of charity. was alot easier than it soounds here's some links to look into
/>http://www.abc.net.au/catapult/askexpert/s1307569.htm
/>http://www.ourcommunity.com.au/management/view_help_sheet.do?articleid=2097

then your able to do some raffles, sell cakes and biscuts etc to raise money. in terms of raffles if you have 500 people selling them at $2 a ticket and each person sells 20 tickets thats $20 000 to start have the first prize as $500 worth of something (fishing gear) second prize $250 and third prize $100 that leaves you with $19150 and alot of people would bu tickets just because we would be doing a good thing.

Once thats done you can approach the government and tell them what sort of property your looking for eg. a warehouse by the water with a boat ramp and jetty/pontoon. you get it leased alot cheaper and i know in some circumstances they give you a property to use for free it might be a little rundown but i am sure that between all the members we have a few handmeny maybe and electrician etc and if we all put in an hour oor two a week it would be in great condition and ready to open in a matter of weeks.

now in order to actually be able to be a charity the children would have to be there at least one weekend a fortnight and maybe one afternoon a week. it could be more than a fishing club there culd be games room ( if it's a warehouse) for the children to play maybe watch dvd's and we could have a 'mummy' come in once a week to cook meals. I would volunteer for that.

as for continuing to raise money we continue with raffles and stuff like that we also charge each one of us member a certain amount for a yearly or monthly

membership and all that goes into the charity account to maintain the permises and fishing gear for the kids and provide food and drinks. if legalities allowed and we had enough members with blue card and first aid certificate to provide for all the children ho would come we could do a fund raiser to take them on a fishing camp in schol holidays.

also making it like this means that those of us with children are able to bring them along when we fish or hang out and it would be great for the other children in the community.

anyway thats just my idea i know it woorked great for my friend he has had his club house for 5years and it's still going strong.

oh and as for furnishings (beds, lounges, tv's decorations, fridges, freezers, toys and some spare clothes incase needed by the children etc) i know where to get them for free they wouldn't be the best thngs around but they are great to start with and food too i know where to get that very very cheap and some free.

We forget one thing - AFO is a business not a Non Profit Incorporation or Sporting club. It might be a business that costs the owners money and time while we use it for free - but it is still a business.

While I'm at it - thanks Angus and John for the free site.

Sorry i think maybe i didn't explain clear enough . the organisation would not be run or receive it's money from AFO. It would be run by a group of people with similar interests who are or are not members of AFO it would in no way be associated with AFO unless they wished to be a sponsor of the organisation and the fact that some of the organisors of the organisation are members of AFO it would be maintained run and have everything done by kind members of the community. and if AFO wanted to run it they could there are alot of businesses that run non for profit organisations they just have to make sure they keep all monies etc separate. think of McDonalds and their charities it is done.

Archived