stingrays brisbane to sunshine coast

fishingfon

straddiebrad wrote:

anywhere on sand flats you will get them,and hennry you get them at sommerset when the tide comes in

??? :huh: :blush: really?? as in on the other side of the wall?? not in the actual dam....

apologies Trav... but you can't blame me for being skeptical when it comes from you :P

fishingfon wrote:

hi, can you tell me where i can catch stingrays anywhere from brisbane to sunshine coast

i know they are stingrays but i do not get many good fighting fish and ray are fun to catch

Thanks Corey Bacon

first left on the roundabout just past Cleveland train station.

Get a big chunk of mullet or somthing whack a trace one and wait for ray or shark, fish high tide.

cheers

Here is one of two that 'Acko' and I caught off Scarborough in the channel coming out of the Marina, about 150m out. It was caught on the rising tide using live herring on a 1/0 hook with 20lb mono leader. It was approx 1m in diameter. Ray_1.jpg

Mr FeLiX wrote:

I've seen some big ones in the Southport Broadwater, especially over near the yacht club. At the size i've seen them there but, you might need stand up game tackle to target them

I got spooled and the reel burnt out in the broadwater by something I'm gonna assume was a ray.

The reel was hot to touch, 200m line with out stopping, I only got about 10 winds before it felt the hooks and it was off towards the horizon.

fishingnut wrote:

Travis wrote:
:laugh: Big barra in somerset too henry :woohoo:

Dont forget the yellow fin tuna in npd

OH NPD!!! Definately no swimming when the orcas are about... why do you think ray gives it a miss sometimes :laugh:

fishingfon wrote:

Scope do you know any good places in the brisbane river for rays

Thanks

Mate have got a couple down at bulimba, end of quay st, or even at the mouth of the norman creek, on wynnum rd just past the bridge heading into town....

fishingfon wrote:

Scope do you know any good places in the brisbane river for rays

Thanks

mouth of boggy creek-access land based and by boat.

any where along the bank is full of em.

use a whole pilly on a set of of servo pkt gang hooks no sinker.thats all you need :)

good luck

mick

any river mouth try the brisbane,pine river and give the shore cliff pier the bigger the bait the bigger the ray but i have caught big rays on prawns

HEY travis you forgot to mention you don't have to worry about the sharks out there any more because the croc ate them all :P :laugh: :P

Joel Eadie wrote:

just a side question, dont mean to steal the thread from you sensible ( :P ) lot but has anyone tried eating hubcaps?

Sambal (??) Stingray .... old member viperon posted up some pics. Try searching Sambal. The thread was a couple of years ago.

anywhere can be a good area for stingrays, look for lots of sand flats and banks. Ive definitely gotten absolutely sick of catching those huge things at nudgee beach and in the jacobs well/ jumpinpin area. Ive hooked quite a few now on soft plastics and blades and it always ends up ugly :(

Archived