shelf

mackmauler

after knockin off some big barra last wk it was time to get back to the shelf, ended up in 1000m of water chasing skipjacks after no action around them, moved west to the 500m line marks and the close lure got ambushed, had teh boat chasing at half throttle to avoid a spool job on the first run, teh luck was with me today. hopefully the pics work this time.

WOW! Whilst i am one for catch and release, i admit avery now and then there comes a catch for a trophy, and that would look awesome mounted on a wall! That is, if you have a wall long enough!:lol:

Nice job man! Just out of interest, and through my ignorance at game fishing, what sort of gear did you use to bring in the monster?

its a blue marlin around 120kg, caught using the trusty tld 25 and 24kg setup.

was fishn about 25mile off moreton, from teh mainland ya lookin at about a 3 hour run in a 14ft tinny, it was highly not recommended. it took a while to pull aboard one of us on each lobe of the tail, the main problem is there is nothing really to hold onto to put some muscle into it, stuff was being throwin from one end of the boat to make room .

Post edited by: mackmauler, at: 2007/04/19 10:13

Archived