Gt's, Kingies and Cod

PlasticFantastic

Headed out with fellow AFO members On-The-Chew (Boat Owner) and Flash for the day with intentions of catching some table fish. Usually we head straight to the Sevens first for a pop but decided to head out to Square Patch to see if there was anything to be had on the jigs but no luck this time. So back to what we know at the Sevens via the 35's where I picked up one small Squire. When we got back to th Sevens Andrew hooked up on a nice Cod only to have myself hook up to one as well for a double hook up on Cod, both fish returned to swim another day.

Meanwhile up the front of the boat Gordo (Flash) is popping away in the hope of a GT. After Andrew spotted what he called for a GT on the sounder and told Gordo to be ready. Low and behold not a cast later Gordos on to a solid GT and after a quick fight and sore lower region due to no gimbal belt the fish is in the boat. Fish went about 18-20kg and one happy angler.

Headed to a few other spots towards Boat Rock for a few more small fish on plastics and a nice Moses Perch, then decided to give the Group a flick for a Kingfish or two. Ended up with a couple of Kigfish and two GT's although not of the size of Gordo's one mine was a pb for me so I was pretty stoked. All in all a good day out.

PlasticFantastic gt1-20100612.jpggt3-20100612.jpg

Well done Gordy, about time you got one the amount you have spent on poppers :)Next time we will have to get you a big one :) Number eight for the boat, Marks would be number 8 1/4, sorry mark but no sticker on the side of the boat for you :) The Kingies where an added bonus, oh sorry you didn't get any did you :) Still have the lead with 4 GT's, so just have to get matty and you one mark, if you are game (or man enough) to use the come here gear.

On a side note good to see you out there Matt, definately have to hook up more often, two boats popping is way better than one. Will have to show you how to get one of the southern GT's, much trickier than those NOMAD ones ;) Big fan of your boat, but my next one will be a patriot or a contendor...

Andrew

Good to see you guys out there mate and to hook a couple of fish, would have been nice to get them into the boat but it just goes to show that i can loose fish anywhere!! also still trying to teach the dog how to drive the boat, which will be a great help.

I'm keen to head out whenever so keep intouch.

Contendor hey count me in.

• 2 months later...

Archived