44 & 43 SoO Report

qbkami

For us guys State of Origin started with organizing and packing on Thursday night; Personally, I was frantically packing my gear wondering what extra or what not to bring. Morning has called and Fisherman Frank aka Phuc in his trusty red honda civic, drove over to Martin's house and mine stuffing the car with all the gear. We were pumped and ready to head off to our first ever fishing competition! Woooo!

IMG_4305_AFO-20100804.jpg

Mist was everywhere that morning

After a good two hour drive, we got to the camp site and checked-in at about 10am. De-packing all the equipment and mounting the tent, FF and I headed over to the Head Quarters by the riverside meeting John and a very eager Angus who was trying to hook up a bream or two with a SP :laugh: . When signing up I didn't expect to receive a LOX cap which is now easily my favorite cap atm. (needed a new cap for ages)

IMG_4306_AFO.jpg

Enjoying the new prezzies

Walking along the bank of the camping site their was clear water and bream swarming all along the rock walls, we were liking what we saw and couldn't wait any longer. We spent a couple of hours fishing on the rocky edge and ended up with a few bream Martin caught(too bad he didn't sign up for the comp :( would have had a few more points under the belt) and FF hooked up a few bream and a mullet. We were all shocked while looking at the mullet since we heard about catching them on bread but never achieved it, a win for FF with a tick off his list of fish to catch.

We slowly got bored and headed down to the mouth of the river and brought out the big guns with pillies but before that we started with some more catches of bream by Martin. FF went out to the peak of the mouth with some gangsters(hooks) and a pilly which he hooked something big though he couldn't get it over the beach rocks, it fell off after a few shrugs. Knowing that there was some big fish at the spot FF brought me with him and we both gangstered it up with some pillies and whipped up two jewies :) one for each of us

DSC00263_AFO.jpg

Happy man with his first non-Brisbane jew [49.5cms]

DSC00268_AFO.jpg

Second jew [69cms]

Considering QLD legal jew limit being 75cms we threw both jews back into the water only to find out moments later that the NSW legal limit was only 45cms! :ohmy: We could have had a good feed that night instead we snacked on two bream caught by Martin with two minute noodles and corn soup between the three of us. :laugh: We packed very light thinking we were going to catch fish to eat everyday, to our misfortune the next two days were dead quite for us only snatched up a flaty and hand full of bream.

DSC00270_AFO.jpg

DSC00269_AFO.jpg

DSC00272_AFO.jpg

DSC00271_AFO.jpg

:laugh: Scope I am assuming?

The atmosphere was great in the day time and I loved everyday out fishing though the night life at the camp site was quite entertaining as well, as you close your eyes and listen to the howling cries of drunken homosapiens. :laugh: I very much enjoyed the competition and the company that came with it. Matching the user-names to people was quite tricky though I hope it becomes much easier in the near future.

Cheers everybody,

from the boys

p.s.

I took a few panoramas before I left

panorama.jpg

sweresy wrote:

ps. great panorama shots, did you shoot then stitch them together?

yeah, I took a bunch of photos and automate(auto-stitch)

Thanks guys, though personally I believe Kris(Sweresy) did better then me or anyone in the Jew category, he caught four jew in two days; even on the crappy days, sign of a professional fisherman right their!. (all lure caught too)

p.s. Hey Sweresy is it possible if you could swing over the pictures you too when i was on the podium? ill pm my email to you.

Archived