no idea where to go for freshwater fishing

mick_jocelin

Hi there names mick and my lovely womans name is jocelin, we are thinking about going fishing this weekend, fresh water river or lake and have no idea where we mite pick up some yellowbelly, cod or bass and thought someone in here may be able to head us in the general direction, havent got a boat so it has to be bank fishing, had goondiwindi in mind, somewhere along the river there unless someone knows of somewhere closer.

CHEERS mick&jocelin

Mate, there's a place called Kurumbul homestead just this side of Goondiwindi. You can camp or stay in the \"homestead\" (which is actually the old Goondiwindi hospital). They have a 7km stretch of the Dumaresq for you to fish from the bank. Have caught cod yellas and carp (:evil: ) from there. Great little spot.

Another place is the river around Texas. There's a few spots here and you can either camp or stay in a motel.

That's a start anyway:)

Mate if you just want to bait bash the shore i would reccomend North Pine Dam. Its a whoooole lots closer than gundi. It has Bass, Yellas, Cod, Saratoga, Tilapia, Eel Tail Catties and more.

Hinze Dam down the coast can also produce Bass and Yellas from the shore. There are also cod in there to.

Failing that sections of the upper Brisbane River around Lowood and Fernvale have been producing both Bass and Yellas.

Wherever you try mate let us know how you go???

Ellicat: Mate do you have anymore info on that Kurumbil House? Like a phone number or something? Sounds like my kind of relaxing long weekend.

Cheers.

Angus

ellicat wrote:

I've got a mate whose folks still live in Goondi so I'll ask him, but it's a pretty big river. (as far as Qld rivers go)

OK, Mate's dad reports that he feels there's a bit too much weed for good fishing in Goondi at the moment. The lack of release from Glenlyon is not helping. He would know - he's a bit of a legend in Goondi when it comes to angling.

Having said that, the patch around Kurrumbul may not be the same....may get an honest answer from 0746 754544.

Cheers.

Archived