Kurrumbul Homestead

Angus

I dont know when, as the calendar is full, but does getting a camp site for a long weekend at Kurrumbil Homestead tickle anyones fancy.

More information on the Homestead

\"Kurrumbul Homestead Offers a unique country wedding venue, Conventions Centre, Inbound Bush Tours, and riverside camping with seven large camping grounds and over 45 campsites. It's a great overnight stop over, where five main highways meets.

Kurrumbul Homestead offers all this in a picturesque countryside location at Yelarbon, east of Goondiwindi.

The spacious camping grounds are located on the banks of the Dumaresque River, which winds its way around the centrally accessible homestead. These grounds are ideal for caravans and campers. The lovely bushland settings combine well with the seven kilometres of river frontage. Enjoy swimming or bring your own equipment for canoeing and other watersports.

There are seven camping grounds and the main campsites are equipped with septic toilets and running water. All the campsites have barbecues and access to the river. Additional toilets and hot showers are available at the Homestead, a short distance away. Campsites do not have power.

Kurrumbul Homestead offers a diverse range of successful packages for overseas and touring groups, clubs, churches, schools and youth groups. Kurrumbul Homestead beds up to one hundred people and has successfully catered for up to one hundred and seventy five people.

This magnificent building, otherwise known as the 'Grand old Lady of Goondiwindi' was built in 1927. Don Cranney moved this historical building to the family property of Kurrumbul in 1984. Her new home is surrounded by 358 hectares of picturesque river flats bordered by the Dumaresque River. For 20 years Kurrumbul Homestead has been operating as a rural tourism destination for international visitors, tours, schools, churches, clubs and families.

The homestead offers good value country style meals, 100 beds in 12 rooms, games and convention halls and large grounds for activities and sports.

This beautiful escape is only three and a half hours from Brisbane\".

So yeah target Cod, Carp and Yellas while soaking up a typically Aussie Bush atmosphere. I thought it sounded like it had potential.

Angus

You're welcome. Fish also include Tandanus (eel tail catties) and spangled perch (which are plentiful and make good bait). In the warmer months the taipan may also make the odd appearance.:woohoo: SO don't tell the missus.

Post edited by: ellicat, at: 2007/04/28 16:13

I'm in, I like it because it looks yakable, but then even whilst eating we could have a bait in the water. Also it will be good fresh water scenary, unlike npd!

I saw something on creek to coast about the river, they were in a built up tinney going up and down the river chucking spinner baits at random snags and holes on the sounder and catching lots of yellowbelly. It seemed pretty easy as even Taryn caught some!

Update on river situation -

OK, Mate's dad reports that he feels there's a bit too much weed for good fishing in Goondi at the moment. The lack of release from Glenlyon is not helping. He would know - he's a good judge and bit of a legend in Goondi when it comes to angling.

Having said that, the patch around Kurrumbul may not be the same....may get an honest answer from 0746 754544.

Cheers.

Archived