I NEED HELP!!

garry

Hello

I have just moved to brisbane, from the uk and i could do with some help and advice

In the uk i used to fish river,lakes, and sea anywhere i could get spot of sport. I have no idear about the fishing here and as i was made to leave my gear in the uk am taking this opotunity to get some new stuff, but i dont know where ill be fishing or what for so i dont know what to get, can anybody please help!!!!

Tight Lines

Garry

G'day mate and welcome to the site. And to Australa, your not alone here in your pomminess dont worry :P

First things first, its very hard to reccomend a specific set up. SE Queensland has so many fishing options but many require different sorts of gear.

Ok so my advice.....

Have a good read through the fishing report, from The Lakes, to All brisbane Rivers and Creeks etc. Give us an idea of what sort of fishing appeals to you (or which ones :P ). Then the guys here will be bale to help a lot more with gear choice etc.

Welcome again mate and enjoy your reading.

Angus

I've been tyring to decied but like you say there really is such a range, i think i will concentrate more in the local river system and move further out as and when $ and time alow, however i cant wait to cast my 1st line.

also where can i find out about legal keep sizes etc,and is there a licence here??

thanks garry

You need permits or licenses to fish some stocked impoundments (fresh water) but not for the rivers and bay.

Refer here for legal size and bag limits.

/>http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/extra/pdf/fishweb/InshoreBGBagsize.pdf

Cheers mate.

Angus

Archived