Optus = Craptus

hooked_on_trout

Just disconnected from them, land line phone and Broad band.

Sure if your flush with cash you can pay them for their plans and fees, but to the money savvy bloke that like a bit of petrol money and tackle money then look else where.

I'm not so financial these days and the amount of money these guys wanted was incredible.

I dropped my home phone end of contract cost= 65$, was ok, but to drop my broad band the cost was $200.00!! and they wanted to charge me $240.00!! to reconnect with naked DSL because I did not take a phone plan...OK then what phone plan have you got?

Well a mobile plan..OK, how much.? 90 cents a minute!!!

Ok what if I want to call mum or something, any off peak deals or long distance deals?

No.

Good bye Optus

thats no good mate. my partner and i have a great deal threw them. Free landline calls, free optus mobile And our net is very very fast. 980kb/s downloading for australian severs.

and thats a $99 a month deal. Plus we also got the free wireless modem.

Having said that, i've got a few friend who left optus because the area they were in got lowsy internet connection speeds and regular drop outs.

It's all to do with your area. Where i am (beenleigh) is obviously good but at browns plains optus isnt so good.

Hope you find someone good mate!

goodluck

Cain.

Been with them for a few years now(7+)

besides some inconveniences early on the net has been great and same sort of thing as Young_fella with the free calls etc.

recently changed policies to download speed of up to 20mb/s and it has been noticeably quicker!

can't wait for a NBN to happen so we can experience 80mb/s+ like they do in well established asian countries.

I am with telstra may pay a little more but I am comfortable with them as they have the best mobile coverage and if I have problems i know that i can speak with an aussie ant if I happen to get someone whose accent evades me i just ask for an aussie and no problems and if the problem is a little difficult you end up speaking with an aussie tech who is happy to spend a little time and walk through the issue with you.

Cheers

Ray

adambris wrote:

hooked_on_trout wrote:
From what I can gather they are scum, I have been with them for 5 years myself.

fella your getting unlimited mobile phone and land line + broad band for 100 a month.

kind of doubt that.

cheers

if they're scum, why do u stay with them?

Read my post, I am no longer with them.

I use wireless prepaid to access the forum and emails at present.

I am thinking of TPG naked ADSL 2+ and Voip.

cheers

hooked_on_trout wrote:

fella your getting unlimited mobile phone and land line + broad band for 100 a month.

kind of doubt that.

cheers

i pay 130 a month unlimited every thing all calls to any mobile and anywhere in australia with 30GB,it slows down if i go over BARGIN in my book.

straddiebrad wrote:

hooked_on_trout wrote:

kind of doubt that.

cheers

i pay 130 a month unlimited every thing all calls to any mobile and anywhere in australia with 30GB,it slows down if i go over BARGIN in my book.

I just don't use the net or my mobile or my landline enough to justify $130.00.

I just did not appreciate Optus trying to shaft me for $240.00 (also add $65.00 to cut my landline contract) because I would not buy something I had no use for, that really irked me.

Not everyone downloads movies or needs to have there mobile phone glued to their ear 24/7, or needs a bloody useless landline phone that cost $30.00 a month just to sit as a desk ornament.

I am not directing my anger at anyone here, sorry If my posts seemed a bit abrupt, they just really got me going after being on the phone with them for about an hour and most of that time on hold.

cheers

Archived