Just got back from Hinze

mojo

G'day guys, well after catching my first bass ever last friday I decided to try again today before my 7 day permit run out.

I've been reading the groups trying to find out what lures/colors etc work best and I thank everyone for their help.

Yesterday I dropped into Amart and bought some of the gear recommended here.

I settled on a large purple spinnerbait and 3 Kokoda G-vibes **note Amart is selling 3 for $10 atm get in quick before I buy them all ( : **

went for the darker colors and anything with purple/ blue as someone recommended.

Ok got to the dam at 5.20am and decided to try a surface popper just near the dam wall fishing prohibited sign, within 3 casts I had my first bass and was over the moon, does it get any better than this??? let hat one go and within 3 -4 more more casts had another around 35cm, let him go too as I thought by then I'd be pulling one in every 2 minutes.

I soon got another slashing hit but no hookup, man do I love this surface popper fishing!!excitement plus.

ok, just as the sun came over the hill the surface lure went dead...is this the secret to surface lure fishing at hinze?...before the sun hits the water?

Tried for another 15 minutes or so and decided to put on a 18 gram G-vibe (black top and sky blue underbelly)...I'm not kidding, the very first cast got slammed by a 40cm bass...unbelievable...then nothing for almost an hour...the large spinner bait didnt get a touch

we tried the bank to the west of the boat ramp and caught two nice size catfish on worms and just before 10am as we were about to leave I scored another 40 cm bass on the g-vibe right on the point area, its a rocky deep dropoff with a few snags.

So guys, I'm absolutely wrapped, 2 very nice keepers and a good days fishing. thanx for all your help, nothing like reading and getting some tips from the pros.

cheers

Mojo

Post edited by: mojo, at: 2007/05/03 14:34

post-1275-144598413578_thumb.jpg

Mojo also in answer to your other question, early early morning is as you guessed absoulutely the best time to be throwing around poppers and other surface lures.

Im keen to try these pencil baits James and i saw the other night. Hahaha James there is still a drool stain from where you were sitting mate :P

Angus

Yes, Underwood amart is where I bought mine.

If you are going to buy some inspect each lure and dont believe the \"tank test every lure\" crap written on the package.

On one of mine the lead weight up front was badly off centre and wouldn't swim straight.

Didnt pay much attention at the time but I'm taking it back.

cheers

Aaron H wrote:

Feral,

Underwood Amart has them 3 for $10, a bit of a drive from Morayfield though.

Leaving for Lenthalls tonight if they are still on sale next week can pick some up and give them to you at Hinze

Mate that would be great, deep divers if they got em, otherwise normals ones are fine. I'll trust your judgement on colours etc, your doing well with em!

Archived