Tournament boat rebiuld

scrote

Gday AFOers

For the past couple of years I have been toying with the idea of buying a ski boat and turning it into tournament weapon but put it in the too hard basket but seeing a couple of boats that have been rebuilt of late I thought if they can do it so can I so with my current boat sold I started looking for a boat that would suit my project,with a budget of $8500 I thought $2500 for the boat,$3500-$4000 for a motor and the rest for Electric motor,sounder,livewell,decking,etc,etc,after a month or so of looking I found what I recon is a great little boat for what I want with the added bonus of already having a good motor and sounder,a Savage Avenger SS 4.15m with a 2007 75hp Evinrude E-Tec that had only done 61 hours and was in perfect condition all on a rego-ed brooker trailer,the best part was after a bit of haggeling I got him down to $6250 which is less than the motor is worth by itself,the outfit as is does 90 kmh.

Now with the boat at home the fun and games begin,the worst part of the whole project is that the boat had a few coats of anti-foul on the bottom which is a nightmare to remove,anyway so far I have taken off the screen,deck hardware,seats and half of the anti-foul,the floor needed some minor glassing where the seats were,I have the 2-pac paint,primer etc,I got the electric off Fishingnut [thanks m8] a 70lb cable steer minn Kota,all that is left to get is the carpet,ply and live-well plumbing which will have wait as I blew the budget on the electric.

I have decided to completly finish the bottom befor cutting the top off but that will be the worst job out of the way fisrt which is always a good idea.

Here are a few picks of the project so far and I will keep you up with progress as it happens.

cheers

Scott

BwYmeDgBmkKGrHqMOKkMEwP0Gl4kBMIrKpt_t_12.jpg

Archived