Platypus in Operahouse Fiasco.

rayke1938

Please find media Release from Mark Robinson member for Cleveland.

Cheers

Ray.

--- Original Message -----

To: "Cleveland Electorate Office"

Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2010 1:37 AM

Subject: MEDIA RELEASE: Wilderness Society - please explain

Mark Robinson MP

Member for Cleveland

9 October 2010

Wilderness Society needs to explain

"The Queensland Wilderness Preservation Society "

( note these are Mark Robinsons words and appear to be incorrect the correct words should be The Queensland Wildlife Preservaqtion Society.) apparently there is another society wity a similar name.

Cheers

Ray

needs to come clean on

serious allegations it used a fake image of a platypus in a crayfish

trap to

push for further restrictions on recreational fishing, LNP Member for

Cleveland Mark Robinson said today.

Dr Robinson called on the leadership of the Wildlife Preservation

Society of

Queensland to come clean about the ruse and how high it goes in the

organisation.

"It's very disappointing that some person or persons would act in such a

way

as to infer that platypus are being killed by thoughtless recreational

fishers," Dr Robinson said.

"All sectors of the community including conservationists need to be

honest

and respectful when promoting their personal or group interests.

"There should be no use of fake images and false statements in

discussion

and commentary on the management of fishing, whether in Moreton Bay or

river

systems," Dr Robinson said.

"What next after fabricating photos for political gainω Falsifying

researchω

If QWPS is involved in this hoax, it casts a shadow of doubt over all

advice

it provides to the Bligh government on recreational fishing.

Media contact: Mark Robinson 0403 154 333

Steve I too have been a bit vocal on the subject . I coulodnt get past my local members secretary to speak to him.

Still waiting for a response from Mullherrin ( On past performance it takes him around 5 months to respond.)

I attach my wacky legistation thread to illustrate how far these unscrupolus people have invaded Government circles.

"Just found this little gem on Nuggets site no wonder we dont stand a chance.It was written by Nuggett commenting on the Platypus/operahouse pot saga.

Cheers

Ray

"The dirty tricks never stop.

I just found out that the Senior Advisor to Desley Boyle who headed the now defunct EPA was the Executive Officer for the World Wildlife Federation/Foundation (WWF)

How could she possibly have a balanced view with him advising her"

It would appear that the pollys should have a moral obligation to declare the interests of their chief advisors as well as their own personal details.

After all the majority of them are political hacks who would be flat out tieing their own shoe laces and rely heavily on advice from their advisors.

Cheers

Ray

Hardly surprising, but still insignificant when compared to the Green Zone dupe.

I have another hoax at the bottom of my street, subliminally affecting people. It's a sign suggesting koalas cross.

I've lived here for over 20 years and used the road for 30. I have never seen a koala in the bush let alone one crossing the road. Whites Hill used to be a dump and the blasting from the quarry on Pine Mountain Rd would have moved any on a long time ago; earlier than the 80's.

Rust never sleeps and the slime keeps on encroaching.

There are plenty of places left to fish with the green zones the way they are at the moment so i don't understand why people are so upset- you would have to be very stubborn indeed to not realise that conservation is a necessary part of sustainability. You only need to talk to your grandad to hear how much better the fishing used to be before trawlers cleaned out all the fish stocks and pollution killed the rest.

The staged platypus in an opera house trap may have been misleading but a graphic would have sent the same message. The reality is that the wrong type of traps can kill platypus (but much more commonly turtles). The majority of people who use this site are excellent at catch and release and play by the rules- i have the utmost respect for all of you however the laws are in place not to catch the people who do the right thing, but the people who do the wrong thing. I think the whole "the government is out to get Anglers" argument is a little silly considering the revenue provided to the government by the industry in the way of sales tax and permits. It may suprise you to know that many environmentalists are also fisher-people and can be just as passionate about our beautiful waterways as you are.

Roobs the tyoes of pots that kill turtles etc are illegal in freshwater anyhow so there is absolutely no need to ban opera house pots

The wildlife protection soc and similar bodies including our local redlands wacko simon balitis have a long history of telling lies and stageing sightings of wildlife to promote their ideas.

Simon Balitis and his mob once stopped a development in Victoria Point because of the existance of a tree that was a food source for a butterfly.

Koalas and Sugar gliders suddenly being discovered in proposed developments where there are no trees taht they feed on.

Only thing wrong with that the butterfly has been extint in the redlands for 90 odd years.

I have yet to see any authoritive evidence of killing of platypus or turtles in opera house pots with legal rings in their entrances.

The only thing that they can come up with is that DPI confiscated 20 odd traps in Fairburn dam several years ago and there were bones in them.

No mention of what type of traps and what type of bones.

Could have been bones of animals or fish used for redclaw bait..

DPI recently confiscated a number of incorrectly marked pots from NPD and no reports of anything apart from redclaw in the pots.

No reports from Dpi about wildlife being in pots that they recover from other dams.

Its all like the inverted dilly story all over again all emotion and no facts supported by data.

Same as the green zones being established without any scientific data.

Cheers

Ray

It may surprise you to know that many fisher-people (myself included) are also environmentalists and are genuinely passionate about our (sometimes beautiful) waterways. This discussion is not about the government, it is about the slimy buggers that have infiltrated the system, the ones that use tactics to fool people like yourself and the general public with only a slight interest.

As Ray has pointed out above, you have been fooled into believing the lie about legal opera house traps killing platys and turtles...and you have had more chance by being on AFO to have seen that this is not a fact....what chance is there to stop the corruption in the minds of those that have no interest in fishing or that don't read AFO or similar.

Despicable, underhanded, interfering, uninformed, lieing, slimy scumbags !

roobs wrote

There are plenty of places left to fish with the green zones the way they are at the moment so i don't understand why people are so upset- you would have to be very stubborn indeed to not realise that conservation is a necessary part of sustainability. You only need to talk to your grandad to hear how much better the fishing used to be before trawlers cleaned out all the fish stocks and pollution killed the rest.

The staged platypus in an opera house trap may have been misleading but a graphic would have sent the same message. The reality is that the wrong type of traps can kill platypus (but much more commonly turtles). The majority of people who use this site are excellent at catch and release and play by the rules- i have the utmost respect for all of you however the laws are in place not to catch the people who do the right thing, but the people who do the wrong thing. I think the whole "the government is out to get Anglers" argument is a little silly considering the revenue provided to the government by the industry in the way of sales tax and permits. It may suprise you to know that many environmentalists are also fisher-people and can be just as passionate about our beautiful waterways as you are.

Just pointing out one small detail. I have caught one or two small Turtles in our Opera House traps before. These traps are fully compliant with regulations and it is just luck that I checked the pots early enough. While in my experience, no Turtles have died, it is fully possible that other people who have not checked their pots frequently enough could have a Turtle become stuck and drown.

Just a small observation

Can the original post be edited to show that the opera house Platypus debate is centred around The Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland, NOT The Wilderness Society, which although still an environmental group (national........ http://www.wilderness.org.au/) are not involved with the Platyous Hoax and have much larger fish to fry such as saving the Kimberleys..........(Don't abuse me Missus when you see her "chugging" (charity mugging) for The Wilderness Society around BrizVegas!)

well commercial fish has been around for ever,drag net ,line/gill net, etc and trawlers almost as long .

i'm granddad,

a great granddad and great great granddad are still about.

where talking about men who had kids in WW2,that's a fair way back.

and we all tell story's of how fishing was better when we where kids or younger etc .

its the whole world that's changing .

more pollution ,more people ,more commercial fishing and so on .

with more more more ,there is going to less less less.

Can the original post be edited to show that the opera house Platypus debate is centred around The Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland, NOT The Wilderness Society, which although still an environmental group (national........ http://www.wilderness.org.au/) are not involved with the Platyous Hoax and have much larger fish to fry such as saving the Kimberleys..........(Don't abuse me Missus when you see her "chugging" (charity mugging) for The Wilderness Society around BrizVegas!)

Sorry Kev, but she would get the same mouthful. :P

The Wilderness Society is just another part of the bigger movement being funded by foreigners to the detriment of the Australian society that I want and need. Preying on poor buggers whose heads are as soft as their doughy hearts to blindly spread their largely unsubstantiated message/s.

Just pointing out one small detail. I have caught one or two small Turtles in our Opera House traps before. These traps are fully compliant with regulations and it is just luck that I checked the pots early enough. While in my experience, no Turtles have died, it is fully possible that other people who have not checked their pots frequently enough could have a Turtle become stuck and drown.

Just a small observation

A small detail/observation indeed. Is it 1 or 2 ?

The rest is your imagination, but not a factual account.

I don't think trapped tortoises is a major problem, and I'm sure you wouldn't concede that it is or condone someone forging a picture for the advancement of a cause. :unsure:

Archived