Brissie River session 27-11-2010

Nafe

So after a few sessions in the tinnie at Scarborough with no love, mainly undersized or nothing. Dad and myself decided to hit Pinkenba on saturday morning. We arrived at the boat ramp around 6:30 and headed up to the wharves, Dad was on first with a small Squire, it was back to grow and we kept going. The current was pulling like a freight train.

We then moved to pipeline with no bites at all so headed to the rock wall and I was on, it felt pretty good and providec some good runs when I looked down and realised I forgot the net, I thought it would be my luck now im onto something half decent and ill lose it, so I got it up the boat and it was a PB flattie @ 49cm, dad grabbed the line and got it boatside when it spat out the 2/0 circle hook and half the pilchard so thought I was extremely lucky to get it.

FILE0034.jpg

After re rigging with a whole squid, I was back out there again, as I was winding in, BANG hit again, this time the fish pulled hard, got it to the boat and it was the biggest, slimiest cattie ive caught..

FILE0030.jpg

After that it shut down, so we moved back across the otherside again, after sitting with no bites, within 10mins dad got 3 shovel nose rays, 2 which were caught on a whiting rig and a daiwa 1000 sized reel which provided dad with some fun, heres 2 of them..

FILE0032.jpg

FILE0031.jpg

After that we headed back towards the ramp with only a small cattie and another small squire caught. All in all we had a great day. Enjoy my first report.

Archived