camping and fishing a stream

micknat

Hi all.

The family are looking for a property in s/e Qld with a stream or creek which we can camp next to and fish for bass, perch etc. We are able to be totally self sufficient and will gladly pay our way and of course will leave nothing but tyre tracks.

If anyone knows of such a place could they please let us know. We are planning for the first lot of school holidays.

Kind regards

Michael and Natalie

Flanagan Reserve is about two hours from Brisbane,near Rathdowney.

It has a kiosk,toilet facilities,hot water showers.

Can not remember if they said if there was any power there or not.

The Logan River runs through the area,and it`s supposed to be a nice spot to relax,bushwalk,swim and fish.

I have not camped at this place,but a number of friends have camped there over the years and all have said it`s a great spot to camp.

If you google search Flanagan Reserve there is some info there about the place.

G'gay mick and nat firstly welcome to AFO A good one and 1 of the best is borumba dam near imbil about 50k's sth west of gympie.The camp grounds below the dam wall is on yabba creek with a chance of catching bass and toga and one of the prettiest place's in seq

good luck

darlington park ,Flanagan Reserve ,the gorge camp ground.

these are 3 of my favourite bush camping spots.mainly cause u can camp on the river bank or real close to the river bank and fee's are reasonable.

google them and u will find the info on them .

they are all 1 hr or less travel from Ipswich.

all of them you camp near the river .

Gday Davo. Love the car I had 2 of them in the 80's a standard 6 cyl XB and a XBGT lovem but want to retore a 57 chev when I retire. If you need a hand with anything mechanical let me know love to help. We spent a few days at flanagans and loved it. I actually caught the first bass for the season last sept bloody nice place. the other two yoy mentioned are new to us and will definately look into them. Cheers again and keep it upright as they say (I spent 15 years behind the wheel 10 of them interstate) C U

might be worth checkin out sommerset dam too.. has a sopt to fish, but never fished it myself, but others have and caught fish, good campin grounds, shop across the road virtually, and then you got the dam itself to play around in, the camping grounds are below the dam itself. it is a good spot though. just a thought. the last pic is at kirkleigh up the road a ways from the spit as it is known. both nice places and a charge is in place for stayin there, only bout 20 bucks a carload.

rob.

post-3551-144598569944_thumb.jpg

post-3551-144598569951_thumb.jpg

post-3551-144598569957_thumb.jpg

post-3551-144598569962_thumb.jpg

think it opened up today for normal water activities, boats and water lice! and fishin below the wall should be all good. cant see a problem there. there's a topic here i believe, as i wanna get up there really soon, oh the spit is closed cos ppl it seems cant look after themselves . :lol:

rob.

Archived