Inside Fraser

Shirvo

Hey guys,

A few mates from work are heading up to Rainbow beach for a weekend with a couple of tinnies. If anybody is familiar with the stretch of water on the inside of Fraser any tips would be greatly appriceated as I would love to show up all the boys - Cheers

Hey Shirvo,

I've just locked in an Inskip trip at Easter (in spite of all the warnings I've seen about hooligans in Commodores!!!!) with some friends. Am undecided whether to take the boat to explore the southern end of Fraser or just fish off the beach so will be interested to hear how you go. If I receive any tips in the meantime I'll flick them to you.

Cheers and good luck,

Kelvin.

we very rarely use bait up there. spin up little slugs, big plastics, and troll x-raps around. if you see any schools of bait just focus on them with slugs, 5inch snap back platics in pink with 1/2oz 5/0 tt heads, and big halco poppers, the gts love the big poppers last time i was up there. good luck

• 2 months later...

got back last week from Carlo point. Fished some areas inside Fraser and up teebar ck with little success. Dropped a lot of pots for only a few crabs. Not being sure of the spots to fish may have been my problem but I did give it a crack for 4 days.

Was hard to find a area clear of pots and the tuna in the strait were hard to chase. Berley trail may work best.The area seems to have a lot of boats working the area along with the pro's so I would think there is little left for us reco's ..

Cheers and good luck

post-9107-144598604638_thumb.jpg

stick around the beacon called big mick ! the green to the left as you turn right to go through the bar, ask 1 of the lads at a tackle shop, anso a reef system just a lil ways further north, which also produces if you are patient. on the other side of the coin , if you head up to the mahino, but travel out aprox 50 km into the deep water off the shelf, you'll find some monsters there too.

Archived